Chapter 22 - Takeover

Ash, Serena, Brock, and Misty were currently almost to lavender town. It was late afternoon and they were taking a break.

In the city they were in that early morning was now being swarmed by Team Rocket.

1 hour ago.....
"Giovanni sir! We are almost to the city!"

"Good news James!" Giovanni shouts. There was a convoy of black trucks driving under the small swarm of helicopters.

Giovanni was looking out the window to the center of the city. Once they arrived the multiple trucks and helicopters split going to separate parts of the city.

After a few minutes there were explosions, screaming, and sirens.

"It's begun...."

Giovanni's helicopter landed in the tallest building in the city and walked inside with James and Jessie along with Meowth.

"Well are we ready to go again?" Ash asks.

"Yea I am!" Serena says quickly grabbing his hand.

Before they can leave pidgeotto and Butterfree both take off flying.

Pidgeotto heard something and took off. Lucario sensed something and took off with Absol not far behind.

"Come back!!" Serena shouts.

"Everyone return!" The group shouts. Pikachu hops onto Ash's shoulder and the group runs off after the Pokémon.

As Lucario was running he heard shouting.

"Ian! Nati! Run! We'll cover you!!" *Small Plot Hole - who told them to run. Won't fix these small ones there's no way too.*

Lucario turns immediately towards the yelling. Absol does the same. They burst through bushes. There's multiple moves heading towards an overwhelmed Jolteon and Vaporeon.

Lucario nods to Absol. The both run in. Lucario using aura sphere and Absol dark pulse.

Pidgeotto and Butterfree appear from above spotting Team Rocket members. They quickly fly off getting help.

Lucario and Absol are getting stared at by two people.

"Aren't you Ash and Serena's Pokémon?"

Both of the Pokémon simply nod their heads. Ian and Natalie are almost out of the clearing. Two shadowballs were heading towards them at alarming speeds.

Absol takes off. She uses nightslash to destroy the shadowballs. She hits one but barely misses the other one.

Absol's, Lucario's, eyes widen as the shadowball rushes towards Natalie.

Her Eevee looks behind her and gets Natalie's attention. Natalie turns and her eyes widen. She covers Eevee with herself waiting for impact.

"Pikachu Thunderbolt!"
"Charla flamethrower!"

The two moves fly out of the tree line. It hits the Shadowball causing an explosion.

At that point Ian knows what's happened and runs up to Natalie. Ash's Pikachu and Serena's Charla get in front of Ian and Natalie protecting them.

Pidgeotto and Butterfree appear from above.

Brock's Geodude also appears. Ash's Squirtle and Serena's Bulbasaur are also in the mix.

Ash and Serena now have fire in their eyes. After knowing the Truth, they have wanted to take down Team Rocket.

"Ah it's an entire group now!" James says as he appears with multiple grunts behind him.