Chapter 32 - Departure

It has been a couple days since the Safari Zone incident. Ash and Serena had to describe their abilities to Leaf. She always seemed to understand, then she asked about it again.

Ash had also won his fourth gym badge after everything calmed down. He now has badges from Pewter City, Cerulean City, Fuchsia City, and Vermillion City. He had four more to go.

Unfortunately, due to the complications they had come across with Team Rocket, Ash and Serena had to leave before anyone got hurt. Including Leaf and Gary.

Next stop was Cinnabar Island. On the way, was the Seafoam Islands. They were boarding a ferry, to begin their two day journey to Cinnabar Island.

As they boarded, there were three tourists that followed. Unfortunately, these weren't any regular tourists. One was shorter, the other two with a reddish hair, the other with a purplish.

Team Rocket had followed them. They had a new plan. The plan was already in motion. It had begun on the Seafoam Islands.

Now with Brock and Misty gone, and with none of their friends going along for the ride, Ash and Serena had become more vulnerable.

If their plan succeeds, there would be no way for the worlds destruction to be stopped. Arceus had created the Greats to be protectors of the world. In their creation, he made a mistake, creating them with a way to control their minds.

Ash and Serena head around the ferry, looking for their small room they'll be staying in. Once the get inside, they both lay down, cuddling they fall asleep. It's late at night.

They both open their eyes to see Mew floating around. In their dream. It's not physically there. It would be a miracle if Mew appeared in front of them in the real world.

"Well at least you didn't suffocate us this time." Ash states staring at Mew.

"Once again, I'm sorry about that Ash. Oh, and have you two become a couple?" Mew asks flying around the two trainers.

"As a matter of fact we have." Serena says grabbing Ash's hand tightly.

"Ohhh that's awesome! Usually two greats don't fall in love!" Mew shouts happily.

"What are we here for?" Ash asks curiously.

"Well Giovanni, and also dangers." Mew says turning serious.

"What about him." Serena asks angrily.

"Hmmm... I see you found out."

"Yes so what? Just what about him?" Serena asks again.

"Well, they are in the process of creating a clone of me somewhere." Mew says gently. "Also, you are in danger."

"We are in Danger?" Serena asks. "Well we always are, but why are you telling us this."

"Because it's dangerous. A lot more danger then before." Mew states staring intently at the two. "It involves the Seafoam Islands which you will be around in about an hour."

"It involves Team Rocket doesn't it?" Ash says clenching his fists.

"Yes it does! Now it's about day time in reality, so I'm going to send you out." Mew says flying in spirals.

Then the two open their eyes once again laying down. They use a few minutes to get their bearings back. After that, they get ready to head onto the deck.

Right after they were ready, an explosion rocks the ship. Ash and Serena's eyes both widen. Pikachu hops onto Ash's shoulder, as him and Serena grab their Pokeballs.

They run outside and hear screaming. They run off to the deck and look off the side to see a small Team Rocket speed boat, with members.

"Pikachu use thunderbolt!" Ash shouts as he grabs another Pokeball.

"Okay Eevee use swift!" Serena shouts throwing a Pokeball. Eevee appears.

On the boat, two lights from Pokeballs appear, and a hyper beam fly's through the two moves, almost hitting Pikachu and Eevee.

Another hyper beam fires and puts a gaping hole in the side of the boat, filling it with water. Everyone starts panicking.

Ash and Serena protect the people with their Pokémon whenever Team Rocket almost attacks them getting on the small lifeboat. Then they go away, leaving Ash and Serena on the sinking ferry.

"Seriously?!" Serena shouts angrily.

"Wow... rude much?" Ash adds watching them float away.

"What do we do?" Serena asks.

Before Ash can answer, he sees a Hyper Beam heading towards Serena. He covers her with a aura shield, along with himself, Pikachu, and Eevee. He holds it for as long as possible. Eventually, it shatters.

Ash and Serena both manage to divert its course from a direct hit that could seriously injure themselves and their Pokémon, to going straight down, and exploding in front of them.

Ash, Serena, Pikachu, and Eevee all get flung off the sinking ferry. Ash's arms are wrapped around Serena's as they hit the water, and are taken away with the current....

As Ash and Serena make their way towards Cinnabar Island, disaster strikes the ferry they are on. Now, as Ash, Serena, Pikachu, and Eevee are swept along a current, who knows where they'll make landfall. See what happens next, as the Journey Continues...