Chapter 14 - An Electrifying Battle

"Cmon lets go!" Ash yells as he runs to the gym.

"Ash wait up!!!" Serena shouts running after him.

Brock and Misty were taking their time behind them.

"I know Serena likes Ash it obvious." Misty says

"Same. Ash admitted he had feeling for Serena but he doesn't know how to take them in yet." Brock responds.

"Come on you slow pokes!!" Ash yells.

The group walks up to the gym doors and head inside.

"Are you looking for battle with that puny Pikachu?" Someone asks.

"Excuse me! Pikachu is a lot stronger then you think!!"

He smiles and stands. "My name is Lt. Surge! I specialize in electric type Pokemon!"

Ash stands in his battle box. The other three head to the stands where Serena let's out.

"I'll take out your Pokemon with one!"

"The battle between Lt. Surge and Ash Ketchum from Pallet is about to begin! The challenger will get 2 Pokemon while the gym leader gets only one! The first side to knock out the others side will be the victor! Select you Pokemon!"

"Pika Pi!!"

"I'm sorry Pikachu... You'll come later I promise."

"Pika....." Pikachu replies sadly.

"Go Lucario!" Lucario comes out and gets into battle stance snarling

"Ok then... A Pokemon not native to here! This'll be fun! Go Raichu!!" Raichu shows up and instantly gets ready for battle.

"Let the battle begin!!"
(Insert battle music)

"Go Ash!"

"Raichu use take down!" The Pokemon is surrounded in white and takes off

"Quickly Lucario dodge it!" Lucario disappeared and reappeared above Raichu who plows into the wall.

"Lucario Bone rush!!" Lucario creates a bone and lunges

"Thunder punch quickly!!!" Raichu's fist turns into electricity and also lunges.

They both collide trying to gain dominance over the other. Eventually Lucario wins the mini battle sending Raichu into another wall.

"Raichu use Take down again and again!" Raichu sends one take down that gets dodged by the second hits Lucario head on sending him flying backwards

"Thunder!!"

"Aura Sphere!!"

Clouds form and a lightning bolt gets sent at Lucario who releases his Aura Sphere. The moves connect. Thunder destroys the sphere and is sent at alarming speed towards Lucario. His eyes widen in shock and screams in pain when it gets hit.

"Lucario!!" Ash yells.

"Cmon Lucario...." Absol says trying to communicate. She gets no response.

The dust clears revealing a fainted and badly injured Lucario.

"Lucario return! You did great...."

Everyone can see that Raichu is a little worse for wear. He's panting and it's hard for him to stand.

"Ok buddy you ready?" Ash asks Pikachu quietly.

"Pika!"

"Ok! Pikachu I choose you!!"

Pikachu jumps onto the field with determination in his eyes.

"So this may be worse then I thought..."

"Pikachu quick attack!"

"Dodge it!" Raichu can't jump out of the way in time and gets hit.

"Ok I can't dodge but I can attack!"

"Take Down!!"

"Quickly Pikachu Quick attack again to dodge!" Pikachu starts running fast and gets out of Raichu's way.

"Your doing good kid! But don't get cocky! The battle's not over!!"

Serena and her Pokemon are hoping for a victory. Serena and Eevee the most. *Small plot hole. Why is Eevee wanting them to win the most next to Serena?*

"Finish this with Thunder!!"

"Pikachu come up with your best thunderbolt yet!!"

Clouds form again. Pikachu jumps in the air with his cheeks sparking.

"PIKAAAA!!!!!"

Lt. Surge knows it's going to be a big one but it's to late to back down now.

The thunder releases from the cloud.

"CHUUUUUUUU!!!!" Pikachu shouts releasing thunderbolt.

It completely destroys the Thunder and hits Raichu head on. The Pokemon n staggers in pain and Ash sees his chance.

"Quick attack! Finish this!!" Pikachu races towards Raichu at alarming speeds. This sends Raichu into a wall.

Everyone waits in anticipation for the smoke to clear. After its gone there's Raichu.... Stuck in the wall with swirly eyes.

"Raichu is unable to battle! Pikachu wins! Which means the victor of the match is Ash from Pallet Town!!"

"Alright!!" Serena yells.

"We did it!!" Ash shouts as Pikachu jumps into his arms.

This time instead of Serena being tackled into a hug Ash is. Serena and Misty both tackle him into a hug.

"Guys! Off!! I can't breath!!" Ash shouts gasping for air.

"Oh my we are so sorry!!"

"Well I didn't want to but you earned it Ash. This is the Thunder Badge!"

"Ash takes the badge and thanks Lt. Surge for a great battle but remembers Lucario's condition.

"I forgot! Cmon we have to get to the Pokemon center!!" He yells.

Absol is already way ahead of him and starts running out the door.

They arrive at the Pokemon center and Nurse Joy takes care of Lucario. The group head to their rooms and Ash knows they have to train more.....

Ash has received his third badge but Lucario has been injured. Gary Oak is leaving the city tomorrow also heading towards Saffron city which is their next stop. What they don't know is that in a short amount of time the Silph Co. Is about to be under attack......

*I don't think Gary was mentioned in this chapter.*