Chapter 28 - The Whole Truth

Serena still couldn't believe it. She needed to call her mom to make sure, but Serena was certain that dream version of Giovanni, was telling the truth.

She was crying. Heavily, waterfalls were coming from her eyes. She gets off the ground, and hugged Ash tightly. Ash returns the hug.

"Serena...your ok...please please calm down...." Ash says sadly.

"I-It's not that Ash! It's that I've been lied...." Serena starts, before her sobs take over.

Ash just simply hugs Serena. Serena's face was buried in Ash's chest, soaking Ash's shirt with tears. He didn't care, he just wanted Serena to calm down.

Eventually Serena calms down. She still has her face buried in Ash's chest. All the Pokémon, along With Brock and Misty, leave the two alone.

"Serena? Do you still have that device from Lavender Town?" Ash asks silently.

"Which one?" Serena responds.

"The one to call people. I think you need to talk to your mom about this." Ash states.

"Yeah....your right.. just sit next to me ok Ashy?" Serena asks innocently.

"Anything for you Serena. Now cmon. Call your mother."

With that, Ash and Serena head to a tree on the tree line. They sit against one and Serena pulls out her device. It makes it possible to video chat as well.

Serena dials her mom's number, and not one second later Grace picks up the phone. Serena's eyes were still red from crying.

"Oh my. Serena what's the matter?" Grace asks.

"I-It's about Dad..." Serena answers quickly.

Graces eyes darken. "Serena...I don't..."
She responds slowly.

"Oh well mom! You are going to tell me the truth! What happened to my dad!" Serena yells.

Graces eyes widen in shock. Serena had never yelled at her before. Grace was completely taken a back from her daughters sudden outburst.

"O-Ok honey....I-I'll tell you..." Grace responds sadly.

"Tell me everything!" Serena yells.

"Ok...when you were said you were being born...your father left.... he was sick! A maniac! He left me, someone he used to make you be born! All to lead that team known as Team Rocket!" Grace says angrily.

Serena was shocked. Absol, her trustful, loyal guardian Pokémon never told her the whole truth. She was shattered.

"Then you were born. It was the happiest day of my life...heh. That psycho, had left 7 months earlier. I thought you were safe, along with Delia's and Red's son. You, Ash, I thought you both were safe from the prophecy. Your birthdays are even on the same day...we lied to you both... you were both born on May 22nd..." Grace says as tears formed in her eyes.

Delia appears on the screen. Yeah, so Ash's mother is there. Now she's going to talk with Grace to their lied to children.

"T-Then three days after you both were born....G-Giovanni and a bunch of goons came into the town. It was at 11:35. Everyone was asleep. Then there was a large bang, and goons rushed into my room, and trapped me. I heard screaming...it was from you Serena.." Grace states.

"Giovanni walked by towards your room, carrying another child, who was Ash. He grabbed you, holding you with his free hand, I bet your guardian Pokémon never told you... then he ran out of the house with two screaming children in his arms. The goons ran off, and there was an explosion outside." Grace adds.

"I was watching from behind your father Ash. He was running towards Graces house with his Charizard and Pikachu. When he got there, that's when Giovanni ran out of the house with you and Serena, screaming." Delia begins.

"He was met with an angry red, who caused Giovanni to drop you both. Luckily onto a bush. A battle ensued, where Red won...unfortunately after giving Serena back to Grace and you back to me, Ash, Red, your father, was detained and taken Prisoner to Team Rocket. That was the last I saw of your father Ash..." Delia says sadly.

Ash and Serena were furious. They were lied to for their entire lives. Who could blame them? Heck, Serena's father was a lie, and Ash's father was kidnapped basically. None of them were dead. They were just gone.

"That's when your guardian Pokémon appeared...they put up a barrier around Pallet Town to protect you both from Giovanni... I made a mistake by marrying him..."

"You lied to me...." Serena says silently.

"I-It was to protect you honey..." Grace responds.

"No! Don't call me honey!! You lied To me, time after time, my entire life!! My entire life mom!! I was living one huge lie!!" Serena snaps.

"Serena...calm down please....Ash?" Grace asks.

Ash wasn't responding. He was staring at the screen. He couldn't believe it either. His mother had lied to him his entire life!

"You Know what mom? I can't calm down! For one, you knew about our powers and never told us! You lied about my own birthday, and worst of all, you lied about my father!!"

"Serena...."

"Ash...." Delia asks.

"What." Ash snaps.

Delia was silent. So was Grace now. They didn't know what to say. Their children were completely shattered by them figuring out multiple lies.

"I'm done." Serena says quickly. She presses hang up. They feel two presences. They are easily distinguishable as Absol and Lucario.

"Ash...Serena..." Absol says quietly.

"You're no better!!" Ash snaps at the Pokémon. "You lied to us as well!! Give us one good reason to not send you both to Professor Oak!!"

"We....are so deeply sorry...." Lucario adds.

"Maybe we'll forgive you, once you tell us everything about our origin, about  why we were chosen, and why our parents lied to Ash's and my own face for 16 years!!" Serena yells.

Serena drags Ash off to the tent. She immediately starts crying into Ash's shoulder.

"A-Ash!! T-They lied to us!! It's not fair!!" Serena yells suddenly.

"I know....shush Serena.... I'm angry too, but we can't let it get the better of us..." Ash responds softly, rubbing her back.

Ash and Serena both sink to the ground, and close their eyes, sitting up. They need to sleep it off, after all, they were completely lied to since they were born pretty much.

Next stop, the Safari Zone, and Ash's next gym battle. However, before they head off they need to relax, and calm down....

To be continued.....
---
Ok, from now on I swear there will be more than 1536 words in almost every chapter.