Chapter 17 - True Feelings

Before this starts press play on the music above.

It's been one day since the accident at Silph Co. Serena was sitting in the Pokemon center lobby thinking about what Ash did and told her yesterday.

"There's no way that that was a dream.. Ash kissed me...... Actually kissed me..... He even said he loved me...."

Natalie was walking through the lobby. Her, and Ian, were heading out soon. She must've noticed Serena facial expression.

"Serena? What's wrong?" Natalie says sitting next to Serena. Serena was still staring off into space. "Serena? Anyone there?"

Serena snapped out of her trance and looked at Natalie. "It's because of what Ash did yesterday isn't it?" Serena just stared at her. "Cmon Serena. You can tell me."

Serena slowly nodded her head. Natalie nods in response. She grabs Serena's hand and goes to her empty room.

They sit on a bed. "What's bothering you Serena?" Serena stares out the window towards the Silph Co building. "Serena..... Answer me please.... What's bothering you? I want to help you out.."

Serena turns to Natalie and sighs. How could she possibly understand? How could she help?

"You wouldn't understand Natalie...." Serena says quietly.

"Well I'm sure if......"

"NO NATALIE!!!" Serena yells. Natalie stares at her in shock.

"Serena.... Tell me! I want to help you but if your not going to accept it then why are we friends!! Friends trust each other and tell them what's wrong!" Natalie shouts as she storms off towards the door.

Serena grabs Natalie's arm turning her around. Serena breaks down crying.

"I-I'm so sorry Natalie! I-I....."

Natalie brings Serena into a hug. "It's ok Serena.... It's fine.... I promise you everything will be fine."

Serena spills everything on her mind. From her big crush on Ash to what she thought when he kissed him.

"Better?"

"Much better... Thank you Natalie."

"No problem.... Well my group is heading out. We'll see you again soon ok? Promise me you'll do amazing at your next contest."

"Of course! You can count on it Natalie!"

"Good. I'll see you soon!" Natalie yells as she runs off.

Serena sighs as she heads back to the lobby. Surprisingly Misty and Brock aren't there yet. It's just Ash. He sees Serena and smiles but it quickly fades.

Pikachu  is worried about his trainer. He runs towards Serena and jumps into her arms nuzzling her.

"P-Pikachu s-stop! That tickles!!" Pikachu obeys and points to Ash. "Your worried about him?" Pikachu nods and climbs onto Serena's head.

Serena walks towards Ash. "Ash? Are you alright?"

"S-Serena? Well..... It's about what I'd did yesterday.... I'm just thinking y'know?"

Serena takes a seat next to Ash and looks him in the eye. "Ash? What's wrong? You did all you could yesterday."

Ash takes Serena's hand. She jerks it back surprised.

"I-Oh I'm so sorry Serena.... I didn't know...."

"N-no Ash! It's fine perfectly fine! I was just...... Surprised is all..."

"Really? Do you mind?" Ash asks with a glimmer of hope in his eyes.

"N-No not at all!" Ash smiles and slowly grabs her hand. This causes both trainers to blush. Brock and Misty were walking into the lobby when they saw the two sitting holding hands. They stopped and watched from around the corner. Gary walked up behind them but they quickly hushed him.

"Hey Serena?"

"Yea Ash?"

"Well.... I... I don't know how to say this to you...... I mean y-your....."

"I'm what Ash?"

Ash takes a deep breath. "Y-Your..... Your the best friend that I've always wanted..... Y-your supportive and your smart and kind and brave....."

Serena's heart sinks a little when she hears best friend.

"H-hey! Don't be down.... Please.... It doesn't suit you..... Your smile does... Your frown ruins your pretty face...." Pikachu decides it's best to leave the two be and runs off to where Misty, Brock, and Gary are watching.

Serena looks back to Ash. All she sees is worry and a new.... Something... Serena doesn't know what but something is different about him.

"A-Ash......" Serena says. She's  stopped by a finger going to her lips silencing her.

"Brock told me what this is..... I forgot what it was.... I know it starts with an L...."

Brock started smiling. He knows Ash has come to agree with himself.

"Was it.... Like? No..... L...... L-love.... There it is.... What I'm feeling is love..."

Around the corner Gary's eyes are widening. Misty is awing and Brock is smiling. Pikachu is staring in shock.

"Y-you love someone?...... Who?...."

"We'll come back to that...." Ash grabs Serena's other hand and looks her straight in the eye.

"A-Ash?"

"S-Serena...... I should've let you come with me yesterday.... You never would've been in danger if it wasn't for me...."

"Ash..... Please don't blame yourself.... You saved me didn't you?"

"B-but if I got there a few seconds later.... If I did..... Then the helicopter would've crashed with you in it.... It might've killed you and then I'd never see you again...."

"Ash.... Don't think like that.... I'm here aren't I? You saved me and I'm grateful...."

"Heh.... I guess your right..." The two get up and embrace each other. Serena was blushing.

Pikachu was still staring in shock. Brock was silently cheering them on.

They broke the hug and locked eyes once again. "The person I love Serena... The person I live for.... Is..... You....."

It was at that moment that Serena knew what that new look was in Ash's eyes.... It was love...

"A-Ash..... I-I love you to...."

Without realizing it they started leaning in closer.... A few seconds later their faces are inches apart.....

They started to close their eyes....

"NO WAY!!!" Gary yells.

The pair quickly maneuver into another hug blushing madly. They had no clue they were being watched.

Pikachu sighs. Brock drops what he's holding. Misty slowly turns around and looks at Gary.

Gary laughs nervously and takes off.

"I won't ever let anything hurt you.... Ever...." Ash says whispering into Serena's ear. This causes Serena to blush again. They stay hugging for a little while longer.....

With Ash officially confessing his love for Serena and Serena doing the same for Ash.... What will happen between these two? Find out as the Journey Cntinues.....