Chapter 24 - More Truth + The Violet Contest

"Would you like to know why we appeared? Lucario asks.

Ash's group, Ian's group, along with Spark and Kyle were gathered at the back of the Pokémon center.

"Actually yes.... we really would like to know." Serena responds.

"What's going on here?" Ian asks.

Ash and Serena sigh. Lucario looks over to Ian and Natalie with Absol. Lucario had taught Absol how to speak to humans.

"Have you ever heard of the Prophecy of the Greats?" Absol asks.

"Yes I have. What does that have to do with anything?"

"Well we are the two mentioned in the prophecy." Ash and Serena say synchronized.

"What?! I don't believe it....."

"Well you should Ian. It's all true.... we are the protectors of the current greats. The last two we protected unfortunately were murdered by Team Rocket 17 years ago." Lucario starts

"To make room for the two mentioned in the prophecy" Absol adds.

"Ash.... your weren't originally going to be born with your name or even gender. You would've been a girl named Ashly" Lucario says.

"And Serena your weren't originally going to be born with your name either. You were going to be a girl named Marie"

"Wait... how do you know all this?" Ash asks. Everyone else was just looking at the 4 speaking to each other.

"Once the previous two Greats were murdered we were assigned to you two. The Pokémon Arceus, Creator of all Pokémon, had us watch your families waiting for you two to be born."

"Well... so you two... were protecting us since we were little?"

"That is correct Serena. Giovanni came close to snatching you two only three days after you two were born. He didn't know where to look so we put up a kind of barrier around Pallet Town keeping out Team Rocket."

Spark and Kyle have left. No one saw them leave. They were to busy listening to the conversation.

"Ok this is getting a little difficult to believe guys.... how can we trust what your telling us is true?" Natalie says.

"Remember that storm that was on the news after the S.S Anne sunk?"

"That was one nasty storm." Natalie says.

"Well.... we caused it...."Ash starts

"You caused it?!"

"Shush Ian!!" Serena says

"Yes we did but unwillingly!"

"That's right. Giovanni used a weapon of some sort to take control of our minds and powers."

"Ok ok fine! If you really have those powers show Team Rocket coming for you!"

"WHAT?!?! No way!" Brock shouts.

"Ian what has gotten into you!?" Natalie shouts.

"Well I can't believe them...."

"Yes we can! We may be in slight danger but the entire world will be gone if we turn them into Team Rocket." Nati says calmly.

"Ok..... I'm sorry..... let's just get ready for your Pokémon contest." Ian says.

Kyle and Spark had ran to the contest hall. What Ian and Natalie never knew is that Spark had been a Pokémon showcase performer in Kalos before she moved to Kanto.