Chapter 39 - The way too Saffron

"She's your daughter!?!?" Delia and Grace shout, surprised that Kaelyn is their daughter.

"Well an adopted daughter." Serena says sweatdropping.

"Well that explains why she's been holding your hand miss Serena." Grace says smiling.

The group were now on their way back tracking through the region. Ash, Serena, Ian, Natalie, Grace, and Delia were heading towards Saffron City once again.

This time, they were heading to Celadon City first. Ash needed his gym badge, and Serena needed her 4th ribbon. Before they went to liberate the largest city in Kanto, they were to do that first.

"So? How long has she been your daughter?" Delia asks Ash and Serena as the group of six walk through the route.

"Only about a week. We found her unconscious in a forest." Ash says patting the girls head softly.

"And she's been our daughter since." Serena adds hugging the little brown haired girl.

"She actually kinda looks like you two. Well I mean, her hair is a mix between yours and her eyes are pretty and she has the the same sparkle in her eyes."

"Well I guess you are right." Serena says smiling, causing Kaelyn to also smile.

When Ash and Serena's parents arrived to meet them again, they were surprised. After some apologies, heart felt, Ash and Serena forgave them for keeping their true lives away from them.

It's been about 2 days since their meeting, and they were walking along with normal mothers. They were happy. Though, they were hiding what they were truly feeling.

The battle they were about to go through, would take a long time to complete. And they knew that. It was too be a very exhausting battle, that they knew had to take place. Serena wanted to see her father. She wanted to see him finished...