Chapter 3

Elena

I adjust the collar of my new black sweatshirt then pull down the hems of my black sleeveless shirt, fixing it. I woke up slightly earlier than I was supposed to only to find neatly folded clothes on my bed; all black, of course. My eyes take in the commotion all around me as I slowly make my way down the hallway. Everyone seems to be in a hurry to get ready for the morning training because the consequences aren't pleasant if they come late. This is why I hated being a trainee, I was always feeling a constant tension in fear I'll screw up and get punished.

I decide to follow a group of trainees, assuming they're on their way to the gym. My eyes water as the early morning sun hits my face when we exit the building, my hand immediately shielding my sensitive eyes. After a brief walk, I find myself entering a warehouse-type building, its cool temperature making me shiver. We make our way down the hallway, dozens of training rooms settled on each side. When we finally reach the right training room, I observe it in awe. Training stations are situated in every part of it, varying from a boxing ring, martial arts area, knife-throwing range, shooting range, and so on.

The room is filled with people, everyone already training or listening to their trainers as they explain to them what should they do. I'm pleased to see there are both men and women in here, which means there's a chance I'll see my brother. My eyes start scanning the room when a familiar face blocks my vision.

"You're early," Tori smiles, placing her hands on her hips. She's dressed in all black, a sports bra and knee leggings covering her body. "Want a tour?"

"No need, I already know everything," I say. "Can you tell me when will I be able to see that guy from yesterday?"

"Oh, you mean H?" She asks. "He should be here soon, he always comes to check on the trainees."

"H? And what's his full name?"

"He only likes to be called H, so it's irrelevant," she replies. "Besides, you have to call him sir. He takes that stuff seriously," she rolls her eyes.

Before I can reply, the sight of my brother engaged in a combat in the corner of the room catches my attention. "Excuse me." I walk past her, jogging toward him. It seems it's nothing serious, it's only for practice which puts me at ease. The last thing I need is for one of us to get into trouble. "Hey, klutz," I greet him when I near them, my lips pulling in a small smile. I'm relieved to see he's also wearing a sweatshirt, not a short-sleeved shirt.

Both him and the guy he's fighting with stop, their attention now set on me. "Hey, sis," Alex says, panting. "Meet my new mate, Louis," he nods toward the other, shorter guy.

His light blue eyes observe me, his brown hair pushed in a damp messy quiff. "I'm Louis," he says, extending his hand. When I place my hand in his, he pulls me to his chest, spinning my body around and attempting to put me in a chokehold. However, I react quickly, elbowing him in the stomach and pulling myself away from him. "Quick reflexes, I like it," he smiles widely, his arms clutching his stomach as he slightly bends from the pain.

"Elena," I introduce myself. "Do you do that often? Test the reflexes of girls you've just met?" I raise my brow in amusement, eyeing him.

He laughs lightly. "Actually, yes. I'm currently a trainer, so I have to know what I'm working with. You've passed the first test, El. Wait, I can call you that, right?" I open my mouth to reply, but he cuts me off, "great!"

I laugh as he rambles cheerfully, his eyes suddenly focusing on something behind me. I turn around, seeing H standing in the doorway, his eyes glancing over the room. The same blonde guy from yesterday is standing beside him, a smirk playing on his lips as a random girl approaches him.