Chapter 44

Harry

"Mum?" I say quietly, completely shocked.

Her eyes are the same, a light green colour resembling mine, her black hair falling over her shoulders. A wide smile slowly spreads over her lips as her eyes scan me from head to toes. Almost nothing about her appearance has changed. The temperature seems to drop a few degrees as I stare at her, my hands painfully gripping the edge of the desk, heart hammering against my ribcage.

My mother. She's the leader.

"Uncle, what the hell is this?" Elena demands as she motions to my mother.

Isaac shrugs nonchalantly. "Two family reunions?"

"I have no idea what's going on," Alex mutters, his eyes looking at everyone in confusion.

"Harry," my mot- no, Anne, says.

"Don't you dare," I say, my voice cold. "Don't call me that. Don't you dare come up with some shitty sob story because I don't want to hear it."

Anne's face slightly falls, but she tries to appear unaffected, quickly putting on a facade. I wish she would show me she's hurt, I would love to see it. This woman doesn't deserve anything less, especially for me to call her my mother.

My gaze slides from her to Isaac, Alex and ultimately, Elena. She's already looking at me, eyes wide and filled with fear as she slowly shakes her head as if trying to convince me she didn't know about this. Whatever it is the truth, I'm too overwhelmed to face it, too many questions and doubts swirling like a hurricane inside my head.

I can't deal with this shit right now.

I push myself away from the table and walk toward the doorway where Anne is standing, stopping right in front of her, directing my harsh glare at her. After a few moments, I move around her and storm out of the room, my boots stomping over the polished floor, hands gripping my hair in frustration. How, when, why?

"Harry!" I hear Anne call out after me, but I only quicken my pace, not wanting to look at her, much less talk to her.

Two bulky soldiers suddenly block my path, surely having orders from my own fucking mother to stop me. "Get the fuck out of my way," I say flatly, not even bothering to stop as I push them both away, walking between them.

Their rough hands quickly pull me back, each of them grabbing one of my arms. At first I'm calm, a humourless laugh escaping my mouth as I sniffle and force a smile, pretending I'm giving up. I suddenly tear my arms from their grip, pushing one of them into the wall while I elbow the other one in the face then push his head down with my hand and raise my knee, hitting him in the face again, letting him fall unconscious on the floor.

That felt good actually, I didn't realise how much I miss my frequent training until now. I didn't feel the need to train as excessively as I used to because I had so much support from the people around me who made sure I don't feel my guilt and pain, but now I might just start again since everything went to hell.

"Harry, stop struggling, I just want to talk," Anne says in a calm tone as she approaches me. "I know you don't want to talk to me, but maybe you'd be interested to hear where is your father."

Like there's some kind of switch inside me, I immediately stop struggling and attacking the other soldier, my sceptical gaze falling on the woman in front of me, inspecting her carefully to see if she's bluffing. She lifts her hand, motioning for the soldier to step away. My chest is heaving slightly as the result of my fight, narrowed eyes locking with hers.

"Tell me what you know," I demand gruffly, absolutely hating to be in this position right now. I'm not even sure I've processed what has happened in the past five minutes yet.