Chapter 65

Harry

Harry

After desperately searching the entire building, we realise Elena didn't make it, the thought making me feel as if I'm suffocating.  I'm determined to find her and my friends, refusing to accept she's dead, I'm certain she was simply held back by something unexpected and she'll come any second now.  I'm trying to ignore the fact my father is lying dead somewhere in the building, my eyes burning from the tears I'm constantly pushing back.

"Let's go outside, I'm not giving up," I tell them firmly, my voice slightly cracking. "I need to find them." 

Zayn's teary eyes meet mine and he nods. "No man is left behind."

Tori, Niall, Zayn, and I leave the building, looking at the fire and smoke around us, dead bodies wherever you look. Since there are no walls around the base anymore, we have a view of the battle ahead of us, soldiers running all around, shooting and throwing bombs. I frown and look away, feeling helpless as I have no idea where to begin searching for her. 

"Harry!" Niall shouts and points to our right, making me turn my head, my eyes widening at the sight of Rogue soldiers walking toward us with Ace on their front. But the sight that makes my heart stop for a second or two is Elena along with Alex, Louis, Jess, and Liam making their way to us. 

I grin and don't waste any time to launch myself toward them, Zayn, Niall, and Tori following me. My smile fades when I realise Alex, Louis, and Elena are barely walking, each of them having someone for support, that only making me run faster. When I reach them, I instinctively approach Elena first, my eyes scanning her body for any injuries, seeing her hand covering her side, blood leaking through her fingers.

"Lena?" I ask, her head lifting at the sound of her name. The soldier holding her steps away when I look at him, one of my hands coming up to press against her cheek while I wind my other arm around her lower back, helping her steady herself. "Hey, look at me, you're okay."

Her hazel eyes lock with mine and I pull her to me, pressing my lips on her forehead, my heart shattering once again. "You're okay, everything will be alright." I look down at her wound, the fact she's not saying anything worrying me. 

"Your mother called," Ace tells me. "There are helicopters coming for us, I've let the soldiers know to start retreating so once the bombing stops there aren't as many victims as there would be. Oh and, some soldiers decided to use the tunnels underneath the building and found a certain rat there." He steps aside, revealing soldiers holding beaten up Isaac, wounds all over his body, making me smirk.

"So who gets to kill him?" Niall asks bluntly, a devilish smile appearing on his lips as his eyes narrow slightly, his pointer finger sliding over his neck as he focuses on Isaac.

"We all agreed we'll leave him tied here while the bombing is in progress," Ace explains.

"Aw damn," Niall says and juts out his lower lip for a moment.