Chapter 17

Harry

My body plops down on my bed as Elena boldly enters my bedroom, her eyes curiously taking in its plain decor. Why is she here? Why did she come this late? Why did I even let her in? All those questions are bothering me, not helping my sudden annoyance. I simply dislike unexpected situations.

"Do you live alone?" She asks as her hazel eyes finally look at me. 

My chest tightens, my features hardening. There are some things in my life I don't want to be reminded of and this is one of them. "Yes."

"Want some?" She lifts the bottle in her hand and shakes it lightly.

"I rarely drink, Elena," I reply, my eyes narrowing slightly as I try to determine if she's drunk already. "Why did you come here? I'll pretend I'm not pissed you've broken the rules again and came here, in my room, in the middle of the night."

Her light pink lips pull in a playful smile. "No rules, remember? I know what will cheer you up." Her hand unscrews the bottle cap as she tentatively takes a few steps toward me, handing me the bottle.

I stare at it in annoyance for a few moments before taking it in my hand, my eyes locking with hers. It appears she's slightly tipsy, but her mind is still clear enough. "You didn't answer my question."

She ignores my statement. "Why didn't you join us? Everyone would've been so glad had you decided to come."

"This might be shocking to hear, but I don't really socialise, so. . ." I answer, bringing the rim of the bottle to my mouth and taking a sip. Since she's here and it's so early in the morning, I might as well drink to relax. It's not the lack of sleep that's playing with my nerves, it's her. "Sit here." I jerk my head toward the empty space next to me.

Elena nods, slowly approaching me and lowering herself beside me. Her arm brushes against mine ever so lightly, the coincidental move sending shivers throughout my body. "Is this about what happened today?" I break the silence.

"What do you mean?"

I remain silent for a few moments, debating whether or not to tell her. "Some soldiers had attacked your brother earlier today, but no one got seriously hurt. They were claiming you two are traitors," I tell her, watching as anger overtakes her expression. 

"Those bitches, I'll find the largest knife there is and cut-"

"Easy there, Tiger," I interrupt her. "I set them straight since we don't just accuse people here without any evidence. Also, I heard Tyler confronted you today. Care to elaborate what happened?"

"You set them straight, I set him straight. Nothing major happened." Her shoulders lift in a shrug, but I know better.

A smirk tugs the corners of my lips. "Mhmm. Knowing your violent nature, you either punched him in the face or used your knife."

"I don't have a violent nature, I just have a low tolerance for some things," she defends, her hand reaching for the bottle to take a swig before she returns it to me. I shake my head in amusement, taking a few smaller sips of the burning liquid. "And I used a knife," she adds, making me laugh.

"Do you have a knife now?" I ask, my eyes taking in her clothing, moving down her legs, noticing trainers on her feet. Ha, no place to put a knife.

She raises her eyebrow, eyeing me. "No. But you know that."

"What if something dangerous were to happen?" I tease, a playful smile on my lips.