Chapter 62

Elena

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Elena

My fingers are drumming against the surface of the shiny table I'm seated at, narrowed eyes focused on one person in particular blending in the group of people sitting with me in Wildfire's conference room.  Anne's eyes meet mine, clear hatred radiating between us before she breaks the eye contact. We've gathered to discuss not only our future alliance but the fact my uncle has so clearly betrayed us.  He left Wildfire not long ago, taking quite a lot of its soldiers with him, leading them to Vortex where more of his soldiers were waiting for him. He has taken over the base now and revealed his true face.

We're unsure where Seth is exactly, but we heard he's somewhere on the East, hiding from Isaac's soldiers who would surely kill him.  Seth may have less soldiers on his side now that Vortex is divided, but we could still use his help since he's technically still the leader. I'm certain he wants nothing more than to kill Isaac, that being our mutual goal.  The only problem is finding him considering we don't have a lot of time on our hands. There's a war brewing, tension settled in the air all around us as we ready ourselves for it.

"Awkwaaard," Liam sings quietly as deadly silence lurks around the room. "Oooh it's so awkwaaard, so I'll just keep singing until someone is annoyed enough to interrupt me, probably Harry, sha la laaa," he sings in one breath.

"I have an idea," Alex says quietly as he lifts his hand shyly, shrinking back in his seat as all of us look at him. Jess, who is sitting beside him, places her hand on his shoulder, encouraging him to speak. He clears his throat and hesitantly stands up. "I have a plan and it might work, but maybe it's stupid- well, it probably is, but I would appreciate if nobody laughed or anything-"

"Just tell us blabber mouth, no one has any ideas anyway," Harry interrupts flatly.

"I've been planning this for a while actually, so before any of you say no or refuse, just listen to what I have to say. I might not be the best soldier and I'm not capable of leading an entire army like most of you are, but I'm certain this could work," Alex says, making me smile to see him so serious and sure in what he's saying. "Let's face it, Isaac's not getting any younger and he's going to need someone to replace him eventually. That person was supposed to be Elena and she still fits his ideal image of his successor, so I think we should use that fact to our advantage."

I raise my eyebrows, tilting my head aside as I think about his suggestion, seeing everyone's thoughtful expressions, most eyes being on me. I notice how Harry frowns, shifting in his seat. "Let me guess. . . Elena would have to take a risk again in order to help," Harry says.

"Yes, but if anyone could do it, it's her. Trust me, I don't like it any more than you do," Alex tells him. "Of course, Elena can't just go there and knock on his door and ask him to trust her, she needs some kind of insurance, something to convince him she wants to cross to his dark side or whatever. And what a better way than to offer him an entire army claiming they're ready to fight for him."

Wild Side [h.s au]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें