Chapter 64

Elena

Elena

There's a fake smile on my face as I sit in the conference room with Isaac and Ace, the three of us exchanging glances. Ace's smile is identical to mine and he rolls his eyes once my uncle is not looking, making a gesture as if he has a rope around his neck and is choking to death. When uncle looks at him, he quickly sits straight, clasping his hands on the table politely, almost making me smile.

"So you two really want to join me?" Isaac says sceptically. "I can't say what surprised me more, seeing you here-" he looks at me "-or the fact that you brought an entire army with you. Quite impressive, I must say, but I wouldn't expect anything less from my own flesh and blood."

"Of course, sir," I say firmly. "Unfortunately, my brother decided to run away, he couldn't stand being a part of this war anymore. I. . . I tried everything to persuade him to come but he was stubborn." I have to make my story believable, it's hardly possible for someone who would give their life for their brother to just leave him.

"What about your little boyfriend, hm? You two seemed so in love, what happened?" Isaac narrows his eyes.

"He kicked me out of his base more than once after everything I did for him, no one in their right mind would stay with him. If I get a chance, I won't hesitate to kill him," I lie with a straight face, my heart clenching at the mere thought of Harry dying.

Uncle's lips pull in a satisfied smile as he now shifts his attention to Ace. "And I assume you're here because you have no allies left and you chose the stronger side, isn't it?"

Ace nods. "Of course, I want your expertise guidance while I give you the army I've spent the last two decades building and training." I notice the sarcasm in his voice, but he quickly masks it with a smile, making Isaac nod.

"Alright." He stands up. "I know Hazard is about to attack, good thing I've taken certain measures and left a few surprises on their way." He smiles, carefully watching my reaction.

"Then this will be easier than I thought," I say, barely hiding hatred I feel for him. "Now, what do you need me to do, uncle?"

. . . .

"You know what to do when the sun starts rising," I say to one of Seth's loyal soldiers guarding the gates, checking the watch around my wrist, knowing there's less than a few minutes left to set my plan in action.

Seth, along with Louis, Alex, Jess, Liam and the rest of the soldiers, is going to use the tunnels underneath the base so they can infiltrate it without being seen. I made sure to take care of any soldiers who might see them, deciding to choose the time when there's a shift change, the night shift going to sleep while the morning one takes over. We'll kill all the highest ranked soldiers in their sleep, Isaac included. We have to make sure we get rid of the American leaders who are also staying here. Then Hazard and Wildfire are going to attack and start the war, bringing all this to an end.