Chapter 11

Harry

My thoughts are a jumbled mess as it takes me good five seconds to process what I did. A small part of me is screaming I'm an idiot while the other, larger one, is encouraging me to continue with my actions. The same person who has disobeyed me countless of times in the past week and a half, the person I'm supposed to loathe and keep away from me is now pressed against my body, my lips savouring hers.

Yeah nothing wrong about that, nope.

I let out a small groan into her mouth when her fingers tangle themselves into my hair, one of my palms pressing between her shoulder blades while the other one slides to her hip, gripping the flesh in response. It's been so long since I've kissed anyone, let alone felt my heart race this fast because of someone, my lust evident with each move of my lips against hers. It's infuriating how she is unable to follow my orders yet her attitude draws me in.

I'm dumb as hell, I should just--

She surprises me when she slips her tongue inside my mouth, skillfully brushing it against mine, my mind going into a haze, my previous thoughts forgotten. The hand resting on the curve of her hip pulls her closer, clashing her hips with mine. I curse myself internally, feeling the blood rush to my lower region. That's when the alarm appears in my head, my mind processing what is really happening.

Fuck, abort mission. Abort mission!

As suddenly as I kissed her, I pull away, allowing myself to take a deep breath. My eyes take in her flushed cheeks, swollen lips, and ragged breathing. A smirk is threatening to curl my lips at the sight, my ego seemingly growing knowing that's the result of a simple kiss from me.

"Damn it, doe eyes, look what you've made me do," I breathe, my palm pressing to my forehead, rubbing the skin.

She blinks a few times, looking as if she's processing what has just happened, looking everywhere but at me. It's amusing to see Elena all confused and fidgety, not knowing how to react. I guess this could be considered as my revenge.

"I left you speechless, huh? Unbelievable," I say. "You're free to go. I'm letting you off with a warning this time." Just pretend nothing happened.

Elena stares at me for good three seconds before narrowing her eyes. She seems angry, possibly hurt? "Yes, sir," she says, every trace of her confusion gone. "What about everyone else?"

"Don't worry about them, they won't get punished, either." She nods and mutters a "thank you", beginning to walk away when I call her name. "How old are you?"

My random question seems to throw her off, her head turning to my direction. "I'm twenty."

"I'm twenty-one," I say, replying to one of her previous statements when she assumed my age. "You may go now."

When she leaves the room, I let out a long breath, swiping my palm over my face. What was that?  The only explanation I have for my previous actions is that she reminded me of myself so much, I felt an instant attraction to her and acted upon it. I'm certain it won't happen again, I'll make sure of it. She's still from Vortex, that's all she ever will be to me; someone I'm supposed to hate.

. . . .

"Mate, we're gonna get caught," he told me, clicking his tongue . "Again."

"I don't care," I replied, continuing to pack the bullets in a duffle bag. "You should help instead of slacking." I grabbed another bag, throwing it at him, my mouth spreading in a wide grin when he dropped it.