Chapter 38

Harry

I calmly enter my base as the soldiers in front open the gates for me, dozens of other soldiers hurrying past me inside, running in various directions with guns in their hands.  I slowly walk in the area between the high walls that seem to stretch endlessly around the buildings they're protecting from intruders, my boots creating a soft patter on the patio, my hands clasped behind my back.  I'm perfectly calm as a few repetitive gunshots fill the air, a bunch of cursing and yelling thrown into the mix. I stop walking and simply wait at the centre, knowing exactly what am I going to do. 

Niall is standing beside me like a loyal friend that he is, an amused expression on his face as he awaits for everything to settle as well. "Let the fun begin," he murmurs, pale blue eyes inspecting the scene in front of us.

In the next couple of minutes, all the rebels are either standing in front of me with heads bowed and shoulders slumped or kneeling because they can no longer stand after getting beaten and dragged here.  A grand circle of soldiers who had no part in their charade and the ones who have returned from the mission with me has formed around us, stoic faces staring at us, waiting for my next move.

My face is the picture of perfect serenity and authority as I stare at the pathetic lot in front of me.  It's time to show everyone currently present here you don't question the leader's choices and turn against them without any consequences.  The last time I felt like this was when Elena and Alex were in a very similar situation after they had managed to infiltrate Hazard. Ah, good old times.

"Now, did any of you think about your ridiculous accusation before doing any of this?" I say calmly, watching as Tyler and his group of rebels look at me in fear, some of them even opening their mouths to reply as I slowly begin walking back and forth. "That was a rhetorical question, you morons!" I finally snap, all of them leaning backwards slightly. "The answer is no, none of you did." I point at them. "You would know there were multiple opportunities for them to actually betray us since they have arrived and none was taken. Your poor judgment is not what pissed me off, it's the fact you would doubt my father, the man who's been leading this army for over twenty fucking years and think he'd just let two traitors stay in the base."

"Mhmm, that's right!" Niall says, mimicking all of my movements as I speak and glaring at the rebels.

"Niall?" I whisper and he leans toward me. "Shut up, will you?"

"Right. Yes, sir." He nods and takes a step back, but not before pointing two fingers toward his eyes then pointing them at the rebels as if saying he's watching them.

"As I was saying, you would doubt the man who is missing now and you're here creating some childish rebellions not only against the people you stupidly think are the traitors but against your own team members," I say firmly, glaring at each of them. "Because that's what we are here: a team, even a family. And my friends locked down there are the living proof, they didn't want to turn against their team members and support your objective. I'll deal with your punishments later, and we all know how creative I can be."

"Boom!" Niall comments, spreading his arms and taking a few steps back.

"Once you see your mistake, it will be too late," Tyler spits. "You'll ruin us all because of what? Because of some pussy? Have you even fucked her yet?"

Before I process it, my fist collides with his cheek, his head turning to the side sharply from the impact. "Show some respect!"

Niall growls lowly then punches him on the other cheek angrily. "Say that again, I dare you."

I glare at everyone else. "Anyone else wants to make a comment?" They all look away, avoiding my harsh glare. "Thought so."

The soldiers standing circled around us silently move aside and create a pathway for me, my whole demeanour showing them I'm definitely not to be messed with right now. "Niall!" I shout as I walk and he quickly appears by my side.