Time to go home

~*~*~ Misty's POV~*~*~

         When I wake up, I immediately look down at my ankle and I see the cast that looks like Ed's hair. You have no idea how satisfying the color of the cast is. Sitting in a chair beside by bed is Ed. He is watching something on his Mac Book so he didn't hear me wake up. I grab one of my extra pillows and lob it at his face. I burst into laughter when my pillow hits its target. Ed puts down his computer, looks over at me and laughs. "Oh you think you're so tough, do you Misty DeBravo?" The next thing I knew, there was a ginger giant tickling my sides and making me scream and laugh so hard. "Awww guys look how cute Misty and Ed are!" We both look over and see Demi standing there with her phone out. "Demetria, what are you doing?" I asked with a smirk on my face. "Documenting the start of a family." She replied with a sheepish smile.

         "Demi, what are you talking about?" "Well you see, Ed and I have been talking and we have decided to adopt you!" "Oh my gosh! Are you for real? I love you both so much." "Demi and I both love you so much Misty, we want you to be our daughter. We just have one question. Do you want to keep your last name or do you want to become Misty Ash Sheeran?" "I think I want to be Misty Ash Sheeran!"  "Oh Misty, I'm so glad that you're taking my last name and agreeing to by my daughter." I looked over at Ed and he was tearing up. I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the biggest hug ever.

         "There's only one more thing that would make this day even better. Demetria Devonne Lovato, will you marry me?" "Say yes Demi!" I screamed. "Yes! Yes! One million times yes!" At that perfectly timed minute, the nurse walked in and said that I was free to leave. I went to grab for my crutches but Ed stopped me before I could get them. "I'll carry my baby to the car." "NO! I-I mean no. I'm too heavy for you to carry! You'll hurt yourself, Ed. I'm too heavy, really!"

          "Whoa there Misty, calm down baby. What's going on, Hon? You've been acting so strange this past week and I just want to know what is going on in that mind of yours." "It's nothing Dem, it really is. I'm really sorry about being so off this week. I know that I was rude and a brat but I hope you can forgive me." I hate lying to Demi. Everything I just said feels so fake that I almost choke on the words that I let leave my mouth next. "I have never been this happy before! It feels like my life is finally falling back into place!" Lies. That was the biggest load of lies I've ever told to anyone! I used to pride myself because I hardly ever told a lie to anyone. Nowadays everything I say seems to be a lie.

        After my huge pile of lies, Demi and Ed looked so happy. Their happiness was a huge punch in the gut. Not only was their happiness caused by a massive lie but their happiness was something I haven't had in a long time. Here they are so happy, it's like they're throwing it in my face. 'Oh look at us, we are SOOOOO happy!'

        Much to my dismay, Ed carried me all the way to the car. It wasn't even that far but it felt like an eternity to me. Somehow, Ed managed to keep a smile on his face the whole time. This guy must be some great actor. He appeared to be so happy while my weight must have been crushing his arms and hurting his back. In that moment, I hated myself even more. I'm hurting one of the best things in my life and I hate myself.

       Demi asked me if I wanted to stop anywhere for supper because she didn't really want to cook. I had to tell her something. If I didn't she would assume the worst and probably ship me off to Timberline Knolls. "Can we get Chinese food for supper? I really want some rice." Demi laughed at me and said we could get Chinese. I looked up from my lap and I saw Ed staring at me through the mirror. Oh dang. Ed was the one that always took me to get Chinese food. He knew that I HATED rice and that I usually pig out on orange chicken. I shift my glance to a bug on the windshield. Ed doesn't say one word when I only get rice from the Chinese restaurant. He does not mention my hatred of rice to Demi.

      As soon as we get home, I run up (crutch up) to the recording studio and turn the red light on. They know not to bother me when I am in there. They probably think that I am practicing my cello. I want to get into Julliard and they both know it. They leave me to myself when I want to practice. They get to live their dreams so they let me try to chase mine.

      I do not eat any of my rice, I can't think about eating it. Since the recording studio is 100% sound proof, I start crying. It was not a pretty cry, oh no. It was a 'scream your lungs out and gasp for air' cry.

       The recording studio used to be a guest suite so it has a bathroom attached to it. I crutch into the bathroom and lift the toilet lid where I proceed to dump my rice into. I need to calm down before I can go out and face Demi and Ed. I pick up my cello named Elise, I have a few cellos so I have to name them. Elise lives here with Demi, Franklin lives with the De La Garza's, and Annabella lives on the tour bus. I set up my sheet music and begin to play. Elise and I are so in sync tonight. It is really unbelievable.

       After a few songs, I feel composed enough to go out and socialize with Demi and Ed.