Skyscraper

The rest of the night, my sleep was restless and almost nonexistent. What I had seen in my dream had messed with my mind. I wanted to talk to Demi or Maddie but it was only 6:52 by the time I had given up on sleep. I just laid there totally numb and unresponsive to the outside world. I had been doing a good job by not letting on about how I feel to anybody. I don't know how much longer I can do it. I'm just so alone. I know I have Demi and Maddie but I don't want to burden them anymore than I already am. Have you ever just been so sad and it spiraled out of control and now you're constantly sad? That's were I'm at right now. All of a sudden I was brought back to reality by the opening of the door. There stood my favorite couple, Sheervato, looking happier than every. it was like a shot to the heart. I love them both dearly but they are starting to remind me of my parents. Demi must've seen the look on my eyes or something because she looked at me sympathetically. If only she knew how I was actually feeling. If only she knew how much I was struggling with everything. For just a split second, I wished Ed and Demi would adopt me. Maybe I could carry on with my life if they did. I knew they would love me unconditionally. Then I realized how much of a burden I would be to them. They are both super busy with their music careers and they are a new couple. Ed was like my older brother and Demi was like my older sister. Even though they are my family, I don't think I could let them adopt me even if they wanted to. Who would want someone like me anyways? Someone who is struggling and sad. Someone who feels so alone in this world. Demi and Ed try to start a conversation with me but I am so close to tears that I can't even talk. I know I promised myself I would carry on but I don't know anymore. I was never going to forget them when I was to carry on, though. Now I can't even think about forgetting to think of them. I keep telling myself that it's okay to carry on with life but it isn't working. Demi and Ed walked out of the room. Maddie was still asleep. I looked across the room to where her bed was and I felt jealous. Jealous that people love her. Jealous that she had the De La Garza's and Demi and Dallas when I have no one. I am jealous that she is beautiful and smart. I looked down at the floor. I'm not a skyscraper. I hope I can make it without disappointing anyone more than I am disappointed in myself.