Warrior

Summer break was in full swing and I, Misty Ash DeBravo, was up to nothing. That is until later tonight when I will be going to a concert with my best friend. Now I bet you're wondering who my best friend is. Her name is Maddie. Maddie DeLaGarza. Now please don't think I'm friends with her for the fame. Oh no. Our moms have been friends since before Dallas was even thought of. When our family moved back to Texas right before Maddie and I were born mom and Mrs. DeLaGarza really reconnected and Maddie and I have been best friends since then. Right now I was getting ready for the concert. Maddie's mom was going to pick me up when it was time to go to the concert. When I say we were best friends since birth I meant it. I am only 4 days older than Maddie. Soon I am all ready to go. Maddie arrives at my house shortly after. the drive to the stadium was quick and we were soon backstage with Demi. Soon the concert began and Demi started off by singing nightingale. The concert was almost over when my phone began to ring. without looking at the caller i.d. I answered the phone. "Hello is this Ms. DeBravo?" the voice asked. I responded by saying this is she. The voice continued "I'm so very sorry to inform you but you're parents have been involved in a fatal car accident and did not make it." I was fighting back the tears when I said "Thank you for informing me of this matter is there anything I need to do." " No, but your parents said in their will that you will be staying with the DeLaGarza family if anything were to happen to them. I have to go now. Goodbye and good luck Ms. DeBravo." with that the call was disconnected. Demi had finished the concert now and as soon as I saw her I broke down. The tears were coming down in a never ending stream. Maddie and Demi rushed to me as fast as they could. They were asking me thousands of questions but I finally got the story out of my mouth. Maddie and Demi were close to tears because my mother was their extra mother and they were very close. I began to have trouble breathing because I was crying so hard and Demi notices straight away. "Misty, sweetheart, I need you to match my breathing. please sweetie your breathing isn't safe for you." Demi said as calmly as she could. I listened to Demi and got my breathing under control. My world was crumbling around me and I didn't know what to do. All I had left was my "second family" as I used to call them. I knew I had to be strong not only for myself but for the Lovato/DeLaGarza family. They had also lost someone who played a key role in their lives. I am not the only one who has last something dear to them. My whole life is about to get changed and I don't know if I am ready for that. Maddie's mom walks into the room with tear stained cheeks and puffy eyes. she walks straight to me. "My poor baby Misty they love you very much. We love you very much. we love them very much. Nobody in the world could ever change that." I could tell by the look in her eyes that she meant every one of those words. In that moment I knew I had to be a warrior not just for me but for everyone who lost someone. For my parents who lost their friends and family. For Mrs. DeLaGarza who lost her best friend. For Maddie, Demi, and Dallas who lost someone who acted as a second mother.