Chapter 1 : Twist of Fate.

{1986}

Juliette's Point of View.

Sometimes life throws things at you that you don't expect.

For me, it was the pressures of finishing college and fulfilling my life-long dreams of becoming a lawyer. I think I underestimated how much time and effort and money went into going to college. Although my parents offered to pay in a desperate attempt to keep me enrolled. Out of respect for them and my mental stability I refused their help. Although I grew up very well off I didn't want to depend on my parents forever.

I was 21 years old. I had to take the silver spoon out of my mouth at some point.

So instead my parents and I made a agreement for them to support me until I was 21 then I was left to my devices.

However if I ever wanted to go back to law school all I had to do was let them know. Part of me wanted to go back and make something of myself but right now I just couldn't.

Though they wanted me to stay in Seattle, I wanted to get away from the normality that had become my life there.

So I moved down to Hollywood, there I met my current roommate Cindy. Cindy was a spunky blonde haired girl I had met one afternoon out shopping in northern hollywood. She was exactly what you would expect from a 22 year old girl living in Hollywood. She was the literal definition of a 'blonde bombshell.' She worked a some popular bar in L.A.

She was like the older sister I never had. My parents trusted her enough to let me live with her.

We were literally two peas in a pod.

Tonight however, she is insisting that I visit her job. Being under 21 I always stayed away from bars. Call me a goody-goody but that kind of lifestyle didn't appeal to me.

"I promise you will have a good time tonight!" Cindy pleaded while I sat on my bed trying to ignore her and finish this book I had been trying to read.

"Cindy, can you please shut up. I am trying to read."

She closed the book, I rolled my eyes and opened it back to the page, I think I was on. She continued to stare at me with puppy eyes.

"If I say yes, will you leave me alone?" I laugh closing my book.

"Only if you say yes." She flashed a pearly white smile at me.

"Okay fine." I groaned.

"I promise you won't regret tonight!" she smiled making her way over to my closet. "Now we have to get you dressed."

As she looked through my closet I glanced over at my bed side table. There was a framed picture of myself & Duff, my best friend from home. He was 17 & I was 15. that was the first night I drank beer. In the picture I had my head resting on his shoulder, smiling a wide smile with my eyes closed. In true Duff McKagan fashion he was looking at the camera through his sunglasses with his arm extended with his middle finger pointed directly at the camera while his other arm was draped across my shoulder with the beer in his hand. We looked like babies in that picture.

I sighed to myself, I wonder what he is up to. I hope he didn't give up on his dreams like I did.
~~~

Duff's Point of View.

"Hey Steven would you move your head? I can't see the TV." I said craning my neck around the mountain of blonde hair that sat atop his head.

"You are the one with neck 6 miles long. You should be able to see anything from up there." Slash laughed from the other end of the couch, earning laughs from the other 4 guys in the room.

I rolled my eyes at his comment, it wasn't my fault Steven's hair was close competition with the length of my neck.

I looked around at the apartment that was currently being inhabited by 5 grown men. If you would have told me I would be 21 years old sharing a apartment with 4 other dudes. I would have laughed in your face.

However.

You see, I learned that your life can change dramatically in a year. I went from a chef in a kitchen living in section A housing. Struggling to keep a job and roof over my head.

Now I was the bass player of a band who just scored a record deal with a major label. We were in the process of recording our debut album which has yet to be christened with a name but nonetheless my dream is finally coming true.

If you would have asked me a few months back I would have told you I should have just stayed in Seattle. But now things are starting to look up for my band and myself.

"Guys." the lead singer of the band, Axl walked into the room.

We all acknowledged him.

"Get dressed, we are going out tonight. I met this chick and apparently her brother wants to book us for a couple shows here in LA." he said with a shit eating grin on his face.

"As long as there is free booze and chicks, I'm in." Steven said getting up and going into his shared room with me. Hey, I know we have a record deal but we still live in a house together.

"Looks like we are going out tonight." I said getting up and following beside Steven.

Hopefully tonight won't end up like majority of the nights out this band has : waking up beside a chick whose name you don't know & a killer hang over.

~~~

Hello! if you've made it this far thank you for not giving up on this! I know this is probably terribly boring but it will get better! *crosses fingers*

Thanks again for checking out my book! you are the bomb.com

- xoxo
Leisa

ps.
the chapters will get longer and more dramatic, trust me. ☺️