Chapter 18 : Tell Me.

Juliette had a rather stressful day at work. She just wanted to go home, have a glass of wine and go to sleep. Her mind kept drifting to Duff for the vast majority of the day. She still couldn't believe they were "together." Speaking of Duff, he sent another batch of flowers. This time they were white lilies. Juliette let out a sigh as she closed the door with one hand due to the vase of flowers in her other hand. She put it on the counter with the other 3 vases she got that week. She rolled her eyes and laughed as she read the card.

"I love you from my head to my tomatoes. See you in 2 days. -Duff."

"He is hopeless." she laughed.

She glanced at the clock seeing as it was 6:30, She promised Duff she would call him at 6. Things got busy at work so she had to stay a tad later. Surely he would understand that. Juliette made her way over to her phone, she dialed the number on the piece of paper that came with the first batch of roses.

The phone rang for a couple of seconds before someone picked up.

"Yo." Thank god it was Duff, she hates lying to people and she knew that's what she would have to do if anyone but him picked up the phone.

"To my tomatoes? Really McKagan." She said, a loud laugh could be heard from the other end. "C'mon Jules, you had to admit that was good." He said still laughing. "It was decent." She said not wanting to give him credit.

"I miss you." He said, Juliette would be lying if she said that didn't cause butterflies to erupt in her stomach. "I miss you too. But just think you get to see me in two days for a whole week." The guys were doing a handful of shows in LA and Duff basically begged Juliette to be there. "I honestly can't wait to have you in my arms again." Duff sighed into the phone.

This was still so weird and new to Juliette. She didn't know what to say when he said stuff like that. "How are you going to do that when you have a wife?" I asked.

Something about them sneaking around and behind his wife's back was literally eating Juliette alive.

Although she loved Duff she felt like she would be ruining a lot by secretly being with him.

Duff took a long pause before he responded. I hope I didn't upset him.

"She's gone back home for a little while. We have been arguing alot." He said sounding kind of upset. "Oh. I am sorry." "I am trying to let her go without hurting her. But she is putting up a fight." He said.

Again not knowing how to respond Juliette just didn't say anything. "I really don't want her to get hurt." He continued. "She's a great girl, It's just we aren't like used to be." Juliette felt so guilty, this was her way of getting out of it so no one gets hurt.

"Because of me." she finally spoke up.

"No. No, Juliette this has nothing to do with you. I feel like we both lost that connection a while ago. I think we wouldn't have last this long if neither of us didn't care for the other."

Juliette was confused.

"So, what you are saying is, if you guys work out your problems you'd consider staying with her? because you care about her?" Juliette asked. Duff didn't answer right away and that said enough for her. "And I guess i mean nothing to you." Juliette couldn't help but jump the gun a little bit. "I mean it all makes sense now, you pouring your feelings out to me, me doing the same and then you jetting off back to the LA with your beach blonde perfect wife and two dogs. I get it. " Juliette was obviously jumping to conclusions but she didn't care.

"You and I both know you don't believe anything you just said." Duff said.

"That's what it looks like to me." She said trying to hold her own against him.

"I think you are scared and you are just trying to find a way out of this. You are too nice and you don't want to hurt Mandy's feelings. I do care about Mandy, I probably always will but you mean way more to me than she ever will. You know that. Don't think for a second that if her and myself sort out our problems I'd never want you. Tell me, you want me as much as I want you." He said.

He didn't swear not once in that whole speech that's how Juliette knew he was telling the truth.

"Yes." Juliette whispered. "I just feel like a piece of shit." Juliette sighed. She didn't feel like talking anymore, she was extremely tired and needed time to herself to collect her thoughts.

"I am still going to come visit, but I don't think I should stay a whole week." Juliette said, suddenly feeling uncomfortable. "How many days are you thinking of staying?" Duff said, "maybe just two or three days." Duff sighed deeply, "This conversation took a turn." They both laughed awkwardly.

Duff decided against arguing, he so badly wanted to convince her she wasn't ruining anything, he wanted to reassure her that things were going to work out in the end but he didn't . Juliette took his silence as anger or being upset.

"I have to go." She said biting her lip, feeling as if she was going to cry. Duff obviously sensed it too. "Are you okay?" He said voice laced with concern. "I'll be fine. I have to go." She repeated. "Okay, call me if you need ANYTHING, i mean anything Julie." He said using her nickname from childhood. "Time, i just need time." She said. "Take all the time you need babe, I will be here no matter how long." He said. "Okay, bye Duff." "Bye Juliette, I love you." He said. Juliette just hung up the phone.

She went to her kitchen cabinet and found the wine she kept in the back of her cereal cabinet and downed half the bottle as she let out her tears.

She wasn't confused about her feelings for Duff or vice versa. Never in her life did she think she was going to be the other woman. She knew nothing about Mandy besides she married the man of her dreams. She didn't hate her, she envied her.

Duff nursed a bottle of vodka as he sat on the floor of his kitchen with his dogs both cuddled up against him. He didn't understand why Juliette was pushing him away. Granted he did understand that he was married and that Mandy deserved better. He wanted to prove to Juliette that he was completely and utterly devoted to her and only her. And the only way he knew how to do that was through song.

~~~

I hope this chapter wasn't too confusing.

Everything is sort of tying together (note, I said kind of.)

What do you think is going to happen with our two love birds? What is going to happen to Mandy?

So, due to some changes in direction the story has 7 more chapters + an epilogue!

Thanks for almost 7k reads and almost 500 votes! You guys are the best!

Also don't forget to check out my new Izzy story called "Lonely with Me." That's going to be my main priority for a while after this one is done!

until next time!

:)