Chapter 5 : Stand By Me.

Duff's Point of View.

I trailed behind them at we made our way to the movie theatre. Steven had one arm around her shoulder. She was tucked cutely under his arm.

I fought the urge to waltz in-between them. However the urge won.

I walked up a little quicker and broke Steven's hold on them and threw my arms around their shoulders. "How are you lovebirds doing on this fine night?" I said smiling at both of them.

"Great, you know if you would leave us alone." Steven said pushing my arm away. He held the door for Juliette and promptly dropped it in my face.

I yanked the door open, I caught up to Steven and Juliette as he went to pay for the tickets.

"I'll pay for this one." I said paying for the $3.71 for each of us.

Looking down at the ticket I saw what movie we were seeing.

'Stand By Me'

"Thanks Duff. I should take you out more often ." Steven said smiling at me. Juliette however didn't look impressed.

"Hey Steven, do you mind going ahead and grabbing us some seats, I am going to take Juliette and we are going to get some snacks."

Steven shot me a thumbs up and went into the theatre where our movie was playing.

We walked in silence until we got to the concession stand.

"Juliette, are you going to ignore me all night?" I sighed. She kept looking at the candy.

"What can I get for you guys?" a rather geeky looking guy with braces asked.

Juliette opened her mouth but I cut her off.

"She'll have a box of chocolate cover cookie dough & a cherry slurpee." I said looking at her, remembering what she would get every time we went to the movies back home.

"Duff aren't we going to get in trouble?" a 15 year old Juliette said nervously as they snuck into the back of the movie theatre.

"Not if you act like you are 17 and not a child Juliette" he said handing her the box of chocolate covered cookie dough he snagged from the local gas station for her.

"Fine but you know I don't like scary movies Michael." I cringed as she used my formal first name. My parent didn't even call me Michael.

"I'll protect you if you get scared." I winked at her as the lights dimmed and the ads before the movie started.

Halfway throughout the movie Juliette was basically sitting in my lap as much as she was jumping during the movie.

That was the moment that I realized that I wanted to love her, much more than a friend.

I snapped out of my daydream, I hope I wasn't staring at Juliette, I looked at her and for the first time tonight, she smiled at me. Of course, I smiled back.

" I'll also have a box of milk duds and a large popcorn." I handed the guy some money before grabbing the snacks not caring if it was too much or too less.