Chapter 14 Part 2 : Think About You

Juliette laid on her bed a couple of hours before the show. She couldn't believe she managed to avoid them for this long. But of course, her luck ran out. "Why me." She groaned as her phone rang. She got up to pick it up.

"Hello?"
"Jules. Hey, It's Izzy."
"Hi."
"Look, I got you a pass for tonight. All you have to do it come through the back entrance and I'll be there."
"Izzy, that sounds like this is a drug deal or something." Juliette laughs. Izzy chuckles lightly.
"No, Those days are long gone." He said, his voice sounding hopeful.
"Okay, I have to go get ready."
"Okay."
Juliette starts to hang up the phone before she hears Izzy.
"What was that?"
"I said, you looked great today. I'm glad you are coming." He said before the line went dead.

Juliette stood there for a second dumbfounded.

"Here goes nothing." she mumbled as she got ready.

***

The guys sat in the dressing room as they waited until it was time for them to go on stage.

A person who was part of the crew stuck their head in the room. "1 hour until show time."

"A hour, that's such a long time." Steven groaned at he beat his sticks against the practice pad. Slash was tuning his guitar while Cindy told him a story. Duff and Mandy were sat on the couch deep in conversation, Axl was nowhere to be seen. Izzy nervously paced around the room.

"Hey Iz, you good man?" Duff said noticing Izzy was pacing. "Yeah, Yeah. Just waiting for a friend to get here." He answered.

"Is a dealer type friend?"

"No, you know I'm trying to quit that shit." He said rolling his eyes. The dressing room door opened. "Someone is here for you Mr. Stradlin." A younger girl said.

"Thanks, call me Izzy." He said as he winked at the girl.

"Guys, look who is here?" Izzy said as Juliette nervously stepped into the room.

"Jules!!" Cindy was the first one to get up and basically tackle Juliette into a hug.

"Where the hell have you been??" Cindy asked looking her up and down. "That's a long story that I'll tell you another day. It's good to see you, i've missed you so much." Juliette said giving her one final hug before moving onto Slash.

"Juliette! How are you sweetie?" He said pulling her into a hug and kissing her on the cheek. "I've been good, I see you haven't done anything with this mountain of hair still." she laughed fluffing his hair with her hands. "Nah, it still has a mind of its own. Look I'm happy you are here maybe after the show we can get some drinks and catch up." He said. "Of course." She answered.

"Steven!" Juliette said as the blonde drummer scooped her up in a hug and spun her around. "Jules! It's so good to see you, I've missed you and I never got the chance to apologize." He started rambling. "It's okay Steven, I promise." she said looking into his eyes, her smile was genuine. Over the past two years she had tried to forget about the guys drug use and just be happy for them. "It's so great to see you, I know you've heard that a lot but seriously it is." He smiled his million dollar smile at her. "It's good to see you guys too."

Mandy, Duff's wife stood up and walked towards Juliette. She had bright blue eyes and dimples. She was petite, she was beautiful no wonder Duff married her.

"It's so nice to meet you, Juliette. I've heard so much about you!" she said pulling Juliette into a hug. Juliette looked at Cindy who shrugged with a sympathetic look on her face.

"I wish I could say the same about you." Juliette said pulling out of the hug.

"Well, Maybe we can change that! I'd love you get to know you. Especially because you and Duff grew up together." She said smiling, which shocked Juliette. Duff must have talked about her a lot.

"Sure." Juliette said mentally kicking herself. Why in gods name would she agree to that?

"Wonderful! We are going to have to plan for you to visit LA!" She said excitedly.

Juliette couldn't tell whether this was genuine or not.

"Sure, i'll figure something out." She said walking over to the cooler while everyone else talked, laughed and music blasted out of a boom box.

Juliette was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't realize Duff beside her.

"Hey." Juliette nearly jumped out of her skin.
"Hello."

For the first time in also 10 years she's known him, he felt like a stranger. Although she knew his face he has become a totally different person.

"Look, Jules-"
"Your wife is beautiful." She blurred out. She wasn't lying, Mandy was beautiful.
"Thank you, look Jules I am sorry." That made Juliette mad for some reason she couldn't really explain it.
"Yeah, you are sorry." Juliette said slamming the cooler and accidentally dropping her glass beer bottle and it shattered against the ground.
Duff was surprised by her anger.

"Hey, Duff. The guys are about to go on stage they need you." Someone yelled.

"I got to go, look you should really come back to LA, we miss you. I miss you." He said giving her shoulder a squeeze before walking away.

"Don't hold your breath." She mumbled to herself.

Suddenly she didn't want to be there anymore.
She grabbed Cindy who was wishing Slash a good show.

"Hey, I am going to head out. I really don't feel good." Juliette said. "Jules, you can't let that idiot ruin your night. We all want you here."

"We can all go out for drinks after the show. Do you guys have to leave first thing tomorrow morning?"

"No, we have a day off." Cindy answered.

"Perfect. I'll meet you guys downtown after the show." Juliette said pleased with herself. She was just trying to get out of there.

"Juliette.."

"I'll see you later Cindy. Tell the guys I'm sorry." Juliette said leaving.

Maybe it is time to get over him. He is married after all.

***

hello, so i've had to re-write this 3 times. I'm sorry, this just wasn't what i wanted to happen but i'm going with it.

sorry if it's a lil bad lol next chapter is going to be really good I promise!

What did you think?

:)

Don't forget to comment and vote ✨