Chapter 14 Part 1 : You're Crazy.

* June 1988 *

Juliette's Point of View :

Its been two years since I left LA. I called my dad the night I found out the guys did drugs. He didn't ask many questions he was just glad to have me back home.

You'd think that I got away from the guys by leaving LA.

Wrong.

Their album came out and it blew up. It was one of the best selling albums of 1987. My heart swelled with pride knowing how hard they worked on it. I, of course got a copy and I wasn't surprised at how well they sounded.

I remembered getting the album. Staring at the picture of the band my heart could burst with how proud I was of them. My heart also ached at the fact that I left them all behind. Especially Duff.

I wondered how all the other guys were doing?

Soon after I left, I realized that I was in love with him. Duff that is. As far back as I could remember he always was there for me. I hated knowing that I left him in a time when he could have needed me. Now I just have to find a way to tell him.

I hurried into the coffee shop in downtown Seattle as the rain got harder.

Ding.

The bell above the door signaled my routine arrival. I shook off the rain from my jacket before walking up to the counter to order my usual coffee.

"Well, if it isn't Mrs. Juliette." A voice startled me. I turn over and unbeknownst to me I'm met with a smiling Izzy Stradlin.

"Izzy!" I said growing excited, He stood from his booth and pulled me into a hug. "How are you?" I said looking at him. His skin was pale, hair was stringy and he was skinny. He looked like Izzy. Although we weren't as close as we could have been Izzy was a really good friend.

"I've been alright. We've been on tour for almost a year now. we have a show here in Seattle. We were hoping we'd somehow run into you." He said rubbing my shoulder and offering me a sit at his booth.

"I've seen you guys, your album is doing so well. I'm so proud of you guys." I said to Izzy reaching out and placing my hand on top of his. "Thanks Jules, we miss you." He said looking into my eyes. I took a sip of my coffee that had arrived moments before.

"Gosh, I miss you guys too." I said feeling my eyes fill with tears. Izzy reached across the table and wiped one of my tears away.

I stared into his eyes. Something about him seemed so genuine. I smiled shyly at him. For the first time since I've met him I felt nervous. "Why did you leave anyway?" He said slowly pulling his hand away. "You guys are users. I can't be around that." I answered honestly.

Izzy's nodded, lips forming a thin line. "I'm going to rehab when this tour is over." He said smiling. "Izzy! That's wonderful I'm so happy for you!" I said.

"I don't think any of the other guy will go. They want to be rockstars ya know?" I nodded. It was weird to me hearing Izzy be so vocal about things.

"I don't think that it's going to work but it never hurts to try right?" He laughed dryly. "Even if it doesn't you can say you tried." I reassured him.

"Thanks Jules, you are a pretty great person. Now I see why the guys loved having you around." He smiled sweetly.

"How are the guys?" I asked, mostly curious about one guy in particular.

"The guys are good, Axl is...well, he is Axl. Steven is his usual happy self. Slash is good. After you left him and Cindy really hit it off." I smiled as he told me about Slash and Cindy. "He actually moved out and into your old apartment. They are pretty serious." He said finishing his cup of coffee and stubbing out his cigarette.

"How is Duff?" I asked

"Well, Duff is complicated." I had a feeling Izzy was holding something back. "Is he okay?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Uh yeah....you see..uh Duff is.." He rambles

"Izzy spit it out." I said.

"Married. He is married." He says.

I was not at all expecting that.

"Oh." I said clearing my throat. I felt as if I was going to cry but I kept my composure. "I'm very happy for him. What's the lucky ladies name?"

"Mandy. Look-" He started but I cut him off. "That's great, I'm really happy for him. How long have they been married?" I forced a smile.

"Almost a month." Izzy winced like it psychically hurt him to answer my question. I nodded and reached down into my bag onto the table and I frantically started looking for my wallet

"Jules, look. I know Duff pretty well-" Izzy started grabbing my hand, I cut him off once again.

"I thought I did too." I said pulling out a $20 and tossing it on the table.

"I'll pay for you drink. It was nice seeing you Izzy." I said pushing my chair away from the table and grabbing my jacket. I made a beeline for the door, I went to push the door open but Izzy grabbed my wrist and turned me around.

"Look, I know that's not what you wanted to hear." He said looking into my eyes sadly.

"No." I whispered.

"Come to the show." He said quickly changing the subject , I looked at him as if he was stupid.

"You're crazy. No."

"Juliette, Come on for me?" He said holding both my hands, he was basically pleading.

"I don't want to see him." I said. "You won't have to, i'll make sure of it. Will you come? Cindy is going to be there?" I smiled thinking of my best friend whom i've not seen in 2 years.

"Only because Cindy is going to be there." I finally caved.

"Wonderful. I'll make sure you have a ticket and a backstage pass." He said kissing my hand before putting his hood on his head and he took off out of the coffee shop. I watched Izzy walk down the street. There was something about him that intrigued me. I sighed and shook my head.

Maybe I was being dramatic. It would have been too perfect if Duff waited for me this whole time. I sighed, I walked out of the coffee shop and back to my apartment.

~

hello hi
it took me a while to figure out where this story is going. (hence why this chapter might be a lil blah.) but i figured it out :)
Btw, i'm not bashing any of the former wives or girlfriends in this book. just using them as references!

What did you guys think?
Izzy & Juliette?
Duff being married? did you expect that?
Juliette and Duff possibly running into each other?

Thanks for 3k reads. You guys make me happy!

Don't forget to comment and vote!
xo