Chapter 19 : Make Up.

Juliette ran her fingers through her hair as she looked for Duff's car. Her flight was good but she had a bad case of the nerves. Mostly to do with seeing Duff after their small argument.

A fancy sports car pulled up in front of her, the window rolling down revealing a smiling Duff McKagan. Juliette couldn't help but smile.

"What's cooking' good lookin'? need someone to show you a good time?" He said tipping his glasses off his face. Juliette laughed and shook her head. Duff got out of the car and grabbed her bag tossing it into the back seat before greeting her.

Juliette melted into the hug. "I've missed you honey." Duff said kissing the top of her head. Duff leaned back studying her face, tears were forming in the corner of her eyes. "What's wrong honey?" He said pressing his lips to her forehead, letting his lips linger for a second.

"Sorry for that phone call the other day. I do love you and want to be with you but I don't want to hurt Mandy." She said looking him in the eyes.

Duff used the pads of his thumbs to wipe her tears. "It's okay, trust me. You don't have to worry about her anymore." He said hugging me as he rocked back and forth.

"Oh, really what happened?"

Duff looked around realizing they were still stood at the airport.

"I'll explain later. Let's get out of here."

Duff opened the door for Juliette as she sat in his fancy car.

The ride back to Duff's house was silent for the most part.

Aside from either of the two humming along to the radio. Duff's hand that was covered in a leather fingerless glove was placed on top of Juliette's knee.

They pulled up to Duff's house. Juliette stepped out and examined the property. "Duff this house is beautiful." Juliette said as Duff grabbed her luggage from the trunk of the car.
"It's a nice little set up I got." He said jokingly

"My apartment is a little set up, this isn't." Juliette said as she was pulled to Duffs side. Juliette took in the whole property and the beauty of it. "It's unreal." She said. "Yeah, it is."

Something in Duffs voice made Juliette look at him and sure enough he was already staring at her. Juliette took this opportunity to cross her eyes and stick out her tongue at him. Duff laughed at her silliness.

They walked in the front door and were greeted by two yellow labs. "Chester! Chloe! Show the house guest some respect. You can't just go around sniffing whomever you please!" He said shooing them away.

"Sorry, i feel like i'm actually raising two kids." He said placing her bag down. "Would you like a tour?" He said, Juliette nodded.

~*~*~
Juliette felt like the house tour was never going to end, the house was so large. "Finally this is my room." He said pushing open to large doors.

Juliette wasn't surprised to see that it wasn't covered in posters like when he was teen. It was just a large bed with black silk sheets and matching curtains, a tv and dresser. Multiple cases containing what Juliette assumed were basses lined against the wall.

Juliette sat on the bed, her eyes wondered to the bedside table which had a few prescription bottles and a empty bottle of jack daniels and a pack of cigarettes. Her eyes landed on a picture, she picked up. It was from night before the day Duff moved to LA. Juliette's head was leaning on his shoulder and he was smiling at the camera.

"I think that was the night I figured out I was in love with you." Juliette jumped as Duff sat beside her.

"I was already 3 years deep." Juliette laughed putting the picture back on the table.

Turning her full attention to Duff. She ran her fingers through his blond hair. Without speaking she leaned in and pressed her lips against his. As if it was a reflex Duff's hand went to her hair. They kissed for a couple minutes before Duff pulled away.

"I guess you are wondering where Mandy went."

Way to kill the mood. Juliette thought to herself.

"Well, after she got back from her parents she told me that it marriage couldn't be saved. She divorced me." He said, his voice lacked emotion. Not knowing what to say, Juliette nodded.

"I'm sorry." Juliette said.

"It was bound to happen. It's okay." He said playing with the strands of Juliette's hair.

"So, what does this mean?" Juliette asked.

Duff took a deep breath before answering...

~~~
merp. sorry this is short. I also changed my mind there's only 1 more chapter left and a epilogue.

life's getting the better of me and i wanted to finish this before things get worse.

anyway, what do you think he is going to say?

comment & vote.