Chapter 20 - Teach Me

"Send me a picture of this Devin guy, I wanna see him cause you describing him like he Jesus." Trisha teased on the phone.

"I never said he was Jesus, I'm just saying he got nice eyes and muscles. He looks like your typical Fraternity boy." I answered.

"But he's not. You told me he took you home, you asked him to stay and he ain't try nothing. That doesn't sound like them fast-ass boys I be seeing in them movies. What's that one called that we had watched? Van Wilder?"

I rolled my eyes and looked at Kelly to see if she was paying attention to us. I don't think she could hear Trisha from across the room.

"I don't have a picture for you, but yo, Mac is mad cool. We had fun yesterday, it was chill." I said remembering.

"I'm so glad that he likes me and actually thinks i'm talented. I mean I know that I am, but it's nice hearing it from a Grammy winning producer. I'm just so excited." I sighed happily.

"Girl, I always knew big things were coming for you. You gettin' just what you deserve."

I missed her again at that moment. I wanted to see her face. I wanted to hug her and talk face to face, I wanted to laugh with my best friend. I've never met anyone else in the world that held me down as much as she always did, and she never hated on me. She was always happier than I was about my success.

"When I make it, you gettin everything. I swear." I chuckled.

"Girl, I betta! Shiiiiiiit." Her cackling laughter only made me miss her more. "After all the shit I done did and not did for you."

"What have you not done for me?" I was interested.

"Well there are mad girls in school that I ain't beat up after they messed with you and that was only because if I went to jail, I wasn't sure what you would do without me." She smacked her lips.

"Word, there were mad girls you ain't beat up. But you beat up a good amount, Trish."

"Only the necessary." She squealed.

We laughed and then it was silent for a moment.

"Trev's fine, I know you bout to ask." She said.

I wasn't impressed that Trisha and Trevon could read my mind anymore. Not after spending most of my life with them.

"Thanks." I answered.

No one spoke for a few more moments. I battled with myself to ask more questions about him. I knew Trisha would tell me everything I wanted to know but I don't ask them. I hold my tongue.

One question would lead to 45 and that would lead to a bag of emotions that I just didn't want to get into with Kelly in the room.

*********************************

Luvst

Love and lust are two of the most fucked up emotions in this world

They share an amazing number of similarities and far few differences than many think

Love can make you crazy

Euphoric and alluring

Love can make you do things you never thought you would

In an instant

Love will make you walk for an hour in freezing weather, up a steep hill full of snow, in shoes with not nearly enough friction to keep you from slipping, just to put the tip into that jar at the small cafe that sells bad coffee but has that cute waitress you've been plotting on