Chapter 27 - D'tello

"How I look? How I look?" Trisha questions.

I look her up and down and see that she is dressed in at least three of D'tello's clothing items. His 'FREE' pink snapback, jeans jacket, and the long white tank paired with her tights.

"You look cute. I'm sure he will appreciate you dressing in every clothing item he's sold." I chuckle.

"You think this is overkill?" She questions.

"Nah, you good. Do you have on the socks he made too?" I ask checking her feet.

"No, I took those off last minute." She answers quietly.

I was wearing my black tights, converse and button up shirt. My entire outfit probably costs $20 max, while Trisha was draped in at least $500 worth of clothes. On the train ride to SoHo we stop at a few thrift stores and Trisha gladly picks out outfits for me to wear while I am back upstate.

I watch her face focused as she scans then moves the clothes out of the way. She looks at me then back at a pair of ripped jeans then picks it off the rack and throws it at my chest. I play on my phone as she continues. Caring way less about my image than I should.

"Uhm excuse me." We hear a voice behind us and both turn around.

Two dark skinned girls, one with curly hair and the other with an afro stare at us and smile whispering to each other.

"That's her." The girl with the afro says. 

I look at them confused.

The curly haired girl interrupts.

"Sorry but are you Chanel Little?" She questions.

I look at Trisha with wide eyes and she gladly speaks before I can.

"Yes! She is." She exclaims. 

"Hi. Yea, I'm Chanel." I say nicely.

The girls both speak at once. " Oh my God we love you. Like we think you are so beautiful and we just love that a brown skin girl is getting some light from Atlantic Records."

"Wow, thank you." I say sincere. "You guys are actually the first fans I've ever met so that's low key dope. I don't even know how to take this to be honest with you."

They laugh and speak together. "Can we have a picture with you?"

"Of course." I answer. I turn to Trisha. "Can you take it Trish?" I ask.

Trish takes the girls phone before I can even finish my sentence.

I stand in the middle of the two girls, I am only slightly taller than them. I put my arms around both of them and smile. The phone clicks.

"Thank you." The girl with the afro says.

"Nah, no problem at all. Thanks for the support guys." A feeling of excitement shoot through me and I am suddenly the happiest I have been since I signed to the Record label.

"What are your names?" Trisha asks.

"I'm Tanya." The girl with the curly hair states.

"I'm Camille." The girl with the afro responds after.

"So nice to meet you. This is my best friend Trisha." I say, hugging Trisha to my side.

"Nice to meet you both. Keep doin what you do. We buying anything you drop, ya bars are tight." Tanya says.

Camille laughs and nods her head in agreement.

"I have a show at S.O.Bs tomorrow night at 9 PM, tickets are sold out but if you guys want to come and let me know when you're at the door, I can probably get you in. This is a big deal for me like this has never happened to me before."