Chapter 57 - Confrontation

I wrap my arm around Trisha's and we both sashay daintily over to the fake pop star, standing by some other Hollywood socialites. They part as Mila turns towards us, clearly caught off guard. Her face shows a mixture of slight fear but even more confusion. 

I stare her up and down, a pleasant smile on my face, something between petty and evil. 

"I heard you made me." I say as we are only inches a part. 

One of the socialites step beside Mila. Her hair is dark brown and she is white, skinny and tall. I know her from somewhere but my brain will not allow me to remember where at the moment. I ignore her and wait for Mila to respond. I can feel the heat rising into my face, I want to punch her but I know the press will pick this up in a second.

"I-I..." She stammers. 

"No words now? You were real talkative the other night." Trisha laughs, her words are audible over the sound of the music but only so that Mila and the people within a few inches of her can hear.  

By now, the entire party is staring in our direction. 

Mila steps back as Trisha got a little close. 

"I just want to know exactly how you made me." I laugh casually to throw the people looking at us off. They didn't know if our beef was true or not, they might not even have heard about it. No need to give them something to talk about. 

"I did make you, if we're being honest. But okay, if you're going to gang up on me-" 

"How did you make me sweetie?" I smile and step closer to her. 

She looks pissed but she attempts to conceal it. 

"And no one is ganging up on you." I end. 

"The song went Gold because of me." Mila rolls her eyes and folds her arms like a spoiled brat. 

"The song went Gold because it was a great song, produced and mastered by great people. And even before the song went Gold, I was creating my own fan base, Pop Off freestyle was already on the charts for literally months, do explain how you made me." I tilt my head to the side and wait. 

"If we're gonna be real here, you only did a song with my girl because she is the most poppin and newest artist in the game. Her records are getting plays, you saw an opportunity, which is fine that's how this business works." Trisha starts. 

"No, I got on the song because I was a fan and -" Mila begins. 

"Nah-nah. Let me finish and don't stand here and fucking lie to us. You got on the track cause Chanel is the right amount of poppin. Not too famous to completely overshadow you and not too low to embarrass you. You saw an op-" 

"Whatever, this makes no sense." 

Trisha's hand goes up to Mila's face, ending her words. 

"Let me finish." Trisha laughs that evil laugh that she does. 

"You saw an opportunity and took it. So don't go telling the Media how you made her when you can't even make yourself." Trisha ends. 

"It's just a slap in the face because I actually tried to get to know you and not judge you off of what you showed me and just because I won the award you start acting crazy." I smooth out. I could feel the tension in the room building. 

"I don't think it's fair that you're both ganging up on her like this." The tall white girl says. 

"I don't know you, so I won't be addressing you." I say firmly, my eyes not leaving Mila's.