Chapter 60 - Catch Up

"Rapper and now singer, Chanel Little confronts Pop star Mila London at the Legendary Yaya's birthday bash in West Hollywood. Sources say that the two artists may be sharing some bad blood after the BET Music awards, and clips that were released by TMZ earlier this month, where Mila announces that she feels she made Chanel's career and is responsible for the hit single 'Take my Love' -going Gold and now Platinum in the last week. The little dispute lasted less then five minutes but left it's mark on Mila as she shared her thoughts on twitter the following evening. Mila says 'There is nothing wrong with admitting that someone has helped your career. The song would have been nothing without me.' Chanel has yet to respond to Mila's social media addressing. Chanel's sources tell E! News that Chanel is more entertained by the drama than she is bothered. " The dark skinned, bald headed reporter shrugs and then looks to his co-host, Ashley Simmons, a brunette with short hair and eyeliner too heavy. 

"I find it incredibly childish for Chanel to even approach Mila at a party. Has her publicist taught her anything at all? You don't take those things publicly." Ashley says. I roll my eyes and adjust myself in Flex's couch. 

"I didn't go HAM on her-" I began but Flex interrupts. 

"Listen." He says authoritative. Trevon looks from my face to Flex's, to the TV pinned up in the small Bronx studio. 

"She's very recently gained fame, I like that she approached her mid-party, I thought that was brave. She felt that she needed to speak up for herself, especially since her and Mila formed some sort of friendship in the past few months." The bald man says. I find out his name is Kevin Lade. I didn't like him before but I am starting to. 

"We have seen maybe three pictures of the two together, they were merely just acquaintances keeping up the facade to sell the record and it worked perfectly well. That is a business move, now the business is over, she won the award. Of  course Mila is going to be upset about it, but who the hell cares, that's how this business goes. But what you do not do, is go up to Mila in public and cause a whole scene." Ashley speaks while sitting up right in her chair, she keeps a small smile on her face as she states all her points. 

"I do agree, maybe it wasn't the best PR move, especially in a place with so many elites. But hey, she said what she wanted to say to Mila. There is little to no record of the words that were actually passed and she hasn't responded on social media. I think this is a clean move. 'Don't mess with me. Don't lie and tell people you made my career. Enjoy your life.'' Kevin finishes and places his papers on the glass table, seeming to end the argument. 

"Her people probably got a hold of her. I think she would have responded or will soon." Ashley chuckles. "They're young, the pettiness is expected." 

"Well the fans are eating it right up, aren't they?" Kevin laughs loud. Ashley joins in. 

"They are, Chanel's album sales have skyrocketed since this whole 'beef' started. Maybe she is smarter than I give her credit for." Ashley winks at the camera. Her thin lips pulling back. 

"In other news-" Kevin begins but Flex switches the TV off. 

He turns around to me, in his spinning chair and stares blankly into my eyes. I stare back, waiting to see who backs down first. 

"You can't do that." He finally says. 

"Flex, I literally just spoke to her at a party." I say in defensive. 

"You confronted her at a party, with over 100 other celebrities and press available." He speaks calm but annoyed. "What if they spun the story to turn your fans against you?" 

"They didn't!" I raise my voice and Flex raises his. 

"THEY didn't." He points to the TV screen. "Did you check 'Music Mag', did you check 'Real Hip Hop Online', did you check 'Entertainment One'" His voice lowers as he realizes he has gotten my attention.