Chapter 48 - Keeping up Appearances

As soon as we are back to the hotel, I wiggle out of my dress, heels and hoop earrings. I throw on a large t-shirt and check my phone for any missed calls. There are none, but there is a text from Devin. I find it odd that there is a smile on my face immediately, child like even. I open it and it is just well wishes and concerns. He checks on me like a big brother does and that's all I've been thinking about him as these days. I respond with some smiley faces. As I prepare to tell him about the day, my phone begins to ring in my hand.

'Blaco' pops up on the screen with a picture of the dark skinned, well dressed man smiling real big. 

I answer. 

"Wassup, Blaco?" 

"My girl, how did things go today? How was the meet and greet?" He asks. The background sounds busy and he sounds like he is stuffing food into his mouth as he speaks to me.

"It went great. I liked meeting some of my fans. I'm honestly feeling good today." I answer sincere. 

"Glad to hear. I'll be there early tomorrow morning. I'm bringing your jewelry and shoes from the Gustav line. You're getting paid $4,000 just to wear and talk about them a little and they are pretty cute, so easy money. How did you like Mila? I never got to ask but your picture with her has gone viral." He begins chewing something crunchy as soon as he finishes the sentence. 

"She tried to play me but it's whatever. I guess she's cool." I shrug. 

"How she tried to play you?" Blaco asks concerned. 

"I thought it was a one on one meeting. When we got there she was doing her photoshoot then she tried to have the meeting in 5 minutes so I didn't even get to go into any details. It was just a little unprofessional and rushed." I conclude. 

Blaco makes sounds like he understands. 

"That's odd, I thought I set up a one on one meeting too. Well see if you can meet with her before you head back. You need some LA friends anyway." 

I roll my eyes. 

"She asked if I wanted to go out with her tonight but I'm not really feeling her vibe, to be honest with you." I mumble. 

"Now boarding flight 2032, first class." A loud speaker chimes in close to Blaco. 

 I hear some ruffling and then his voice returns to the phone. 

"It's not about liking her, Chanel. That's not how things work out here, go out with her tonight. You might have fun." He says it stern and a part of me feels like I have to listen for a moment and then my brain snaps back to my stubborn mentality. 

"Nah. See you tomorrow though." I finish. 

He sighs loud. "See you tomorrow." He says before ending the call. 

I lift the covers up and get under then pull the sheets all the way up to my head. I didn't know that a meet and greet could have me so exhausted but my feet are hurting from the heels and my head is hurting from so many things that I can list them. 

I look over to the bed and Trisha is on her phone, scrolling. 

"Trish." I say quietly. She takes a few moments to finish what she is texting, then looks up at me.

"What?" She answers calmly. 

"You have to be more professional if you're going to be around me and all my career moves and sometimes that means faking that you like people." I say watching her face turn into a scowl. 

" I don't fake that I like ANYONE and neither do you. I know you thought you were hiding it today but even I saw it on your face. That's not where we from, we can't do the fake shit." Trisha responds.