Chapter 6

Bryn Atkinson's POV

I heard the scream, almost as if it was happening right next to me. I don't know what happened, but I stupidly ran towards it—not thinking. I ran towards danger.

What the hell are you doing Bryn? Get hold of yourself!

I had my skateboard in hand and in front of my eyes was a boy, a boy being forcefully dragged into a car by a bunch of guys in tattoos and goatees.

"Help! Fucking help me! Somebody!" He yelled in a raspy voice. I couldn't leave him there.

"Hey!" I yelled back, hitting somebody on the head with my skateboard. The man groaned, dropping the kid's legs. That was all he needed to get away from the rest of them as he dragged me along, my skateboard nearly falling from my grasp. I could hear the screeching of the car's tires coming behind us. The boy had his hand tightly around mine, making a swift turn into an alley. He stopped at a big alley trash bin, quickly climbing inside.

"Come on!" He tells me, waving his hands as I purse my lips.

That's disgusting.

"Are you gonna get in? Or are you gonna get shot?" He asked. I really don't want to go in there, it reeks. But as soon as I heard the gun shots, I quickly jumped inside, closing the lid behind me. Sadly, I had to land on top of the boy.

"Nice boobs," he said. I groaned, his face just had to be directly in front of my boobs.

"Shut up," I whispered once hearing the car slowly driving through the alley. Both of our breaths hitched, but I seriously wanted to throw up. It stopped right in front of us, and the lid opened.

And in came the trash.

I felt the liquid of RC coming down my back, then they threw in more garbage, Including some McDonald's fries. The lid closed, and I could hear them speeding off. The boy ate a fry that fell atop of his chest, giving a comment of how it tasted good. After a few seconds, I opened the lid climbing out, the boy behind me.

"Well, that was fun," he said. I took this moment to clearly look at him. He had light tan skin, big brown eyes, black hair and a few scars on his face. He looked to be around thirteen or fourteen.

"So... Care to explain why they tried to kidnap you?" I questioned him, tagging along while he walked.

"I might have sold drugs for them a while back," he replied, looking around. "You need a shower, we should swing by my place."

I nodded, he seemed pretty harmless anyway. At some point, we reached the hallway of an apartment building.

337.

He unlocked the door, sliding in while turning on the lights.

"The bathroom is right there," he said, pointing to a door that was direct to my right. "I'll bring you some clothes since you're... Drenched in soda," he added on with a laugh.

I went inside the bathroom, which was surprisingly tidy. I stripped, turning on the shower. I reached out for the men's shampoo, the only thing in here. The shampoo bottles were lined up perfectly together, the neatest way possible.

It's time to smell like a man.

~

Upon getting out of the shower, I noticed a fresh batch of clothes sitting atop of the toilet. I slid on the oversized T - Shirt and joggers, luckily, the joggers have the string so I could adjust it to my waist. I walk out of the bathroom, my eyes instantly setting on the boy. He was sitting on top of the kitchen counter, swinging his legs while eating some chips.