Chapter 26

Bryn Atkinson's POV

"Eloy, I don't think that's the smartest thing to do." I grimaced, watching as he was walking along the top of the monkey bars.

"Chill out Bryn, nothings going to happen. There's something called, 'live while you're young'." He replied, holding his arms out to the side preventing him to fall.

"It just rained, the bars are slippery. You're gonna fall straight on your face!" I replied, swinging my arms up.

"That's it! I'm goin' up after him." River replied, being the idiot he is. He began climbing up the bars before Eloy let out a screech. He fell directly on his man hood, his legs slipping in between the bars.

"Oh my god, River you idiot!" Eloy groaned, falling to the ground with a thump. "I think I'm gonna cry."

Tanner groaned as well, putting a fist against his mouth whilst grimacing, "Damn, that's gotta hurt."

"What, the penis?" I replied smirking.

"Oh no, it's not the penis that hurts. It's the fucking balls, those twins are sensitive as hell." Tanner replied with a grimace.

"I think I need an ice pack." Eloy wheezed out, still holding on to himself. "The most painful thing a man can experience."

"You're lucky you're not a guy." River said, shaking his head.

"Hey! That's not fair, girls have a bone down there that hurts too you know. And we're the ones that go through nine months holding a baby because of men." I defended. "And we have periods!"

"That's true, girls do go through a lot more pain," Tanner added, putting a hand on his chin thoughtfully.

"Damn right," I muttered, laughing a bit. A man can never truly know how it feels to be a woman. It's darn hard I'll say.

"C'mon, I think I need help. Come back! Come back, Jack!" Eloy said, holding his hand out in the air, replaying the scene of 'Titanic'. Tanner and I gave River a look.

"Fine! I'll carry him around!" He sighed exasperatedly.

"Thank you, my friend!" Eloy said as River threw him over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. Strangely, even though River is really skinny, there's some strength in his skinny arms. After around half an hour of Eloy's non-stop talking and us walking, River finally decided to put him down.

"I think you're okay now." River stated, giving Eloy a little pat on the shoulder.

"I know right? My balls don't hurt anymore." Eloy happily replied.

"Okay, guys! Let's stop talking about balls, I'm kinda getting grossed out here, my ears were virgins till I met all of you." I laughed.

"Agreed on the talking of balls," Tanner added, scrolling through his phone. He pulled me closer, "You talk to King?"

"Yeah," I replied. "Why?"

"Just." He said, shaking his head. "Looking out for you little Brynnie."

"Thanks, but there's no harm," I replied skeptically. "Who told you?"

"I found out myself." He said. "A man has his ways."

"Oh." Simply said, unsure of how to respond. Of course, Eliazer has his own secrets that nobody knows about. After the other day, I knew he didn't tell me the entire story, and I'm okay with that.

But he still remains a huge mystery.

~

I can't sleep.

My mind keeps on wandering out and about, therefore, I can't sleep. And it bothers me because usually, I would've gone out for a stroll. So I'm going to do something risky. I quickly put on some sweatpants and a hoodie before sneaking out my bedroom door. I go to the bathroom on the first floor, locking myself inside.

I quietly sneak out the window, landing safely on the ground before making an escape towards the streets. It was windy and fresh, yet it didn't feel cold. I took the main streets, staying clear for anybody suspicious and staying near the lights. I wandered anywhere and everywhere, an adventure was coursing through my veins. After a bit of walking, I noticed a van slowly trailing beside me.

Memories flooded my mind as I remembered the last time Jared and I were in a van. I panicked, running like crazy. The van started beeping, bringing my attention. That's when I noticed who was driving. I skidded to a stop, almost losing my footing as he opened the door.

"Hello there Brynnie Bryn Bryn," Yair said, getting out of the van.

Why does everybody call me that?

"What're you out doing at this time of night?" Yair asked, hands in his pockets whilst leaning against the side door.

"I couldn't sleep," I replied, shoving my own hands inside the front pocket of my hoodie.

"Well then, care to come with us?" He said, motioning with his hand inside the van. "C'mon, I know it looks creepy but, trust us."

Thaine gave me a little wave from the driver's seat, taking out a cigarette in the process. I honestly had nothing else to do, so why the hell not? 'Live while you're young' Eloy said.

"Fine. Only if I sit in the front." I said, raising an eyebrow.

Yair opened the passenger's side door, "Be my guest."

I comfortingly climbed inside, but in the process of putting on my seatbelt, Thaine stopped me.

"You're not gonna have time to take off your seat belt when we're egging people's houses." He said seriously.

I laughed, "How old are you again?"

"Twenty-three, why?" He replied, looking at me before looking back at the road.

"You're kinda old to be egging people's houses," I said with a smile.

"A person is never too old, it's kinda fun honestly." He replied with a pout.

"Agreed!" Yair shouted in the back.

"Shut up back there!"

-~-~-~-~-~-~-

A Huevo. I hope you guys liked this chapter! And I also wanted to genuinely thank everybody for taking their time to read this book. It means a lot, really.

Anyways, I know there wasn't a lot said in this chapter about Eliazer and all, and that's because there are various other characters in the book as well that I would like you guys to meet. (As in who they are and how they act.)

Tysm for reading! Don't forget to

VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE

AND KEEP THE PEACE WATTPADIANS! ❤️✌️💕