Chapter 31

Bryn Atkinson's POV

The day I kissed Eliazer was a weekend, it's Monday now. I'm trying my best to avoid him, and I think I'm doing a good job. I haven't seen Jared yet, so I think so far I'm doing pretty good. Anyways, I've decided to skip most of my classes, I'm sure you can guess it's all the ones with Eliazer. But I can't run forever.

They say the past always catches up with you, and I don't doubt it for a second. I'd rather run for a while than to face everything now. Lunch period was going to start soon, so I was on my way to find Gemini and explain my entire situation. She always listens to what I have to say, as goes the same with her.

I finally found her by the entrance of the cafeteria as she was skimming through her phone. I took her forearm, dragging her to the nearest girls bathroom. She didn't complain, just followed along with furrowed eyebrows. Once inside the bathroom, I dragged her to the largest stall which was in the corner of the bathroom.

"Okay, I have some spicy shit to tell you," I told her flatly, creasing my eyebrows.

"Well... What is it?" She replied, furrowing her eyebrows once she noticed my expression.

"I kissed him."

"What?"

"I said I kissed him."

"King?" She replied with large eyes.

"Yeah, I kissed him and me... I don't know."

"Oh my god, wait till the guys hear this."

"No!" I yelled out in a panic. "We're not telling the guys. They're going to flipping freak the fuck out."

"Fine, we're not telling the guys. It's just our secret." She said with a nod. "So... What are you gonna' do bout' it?"

"I-I don't know. I've just been blasting off anytime I saw him." I said, rubbing my hand on the back of my neck.

"That's it?! You're can't run from this Bryn, he's gonna' confront you someday." She exclaimed, grabbing one my forearms.

"I know I know! I just-... Don't know what to do." I whispered.

"Don't worry, you'll figure something out. You always do." She said softly with a smile.

"I hope so."

~

I was at the store, buying myself a bag of chips when I saw a familiar head come in through the door. I gasped, ducking down one of the aisles.

Okay, I'm going to be smooth about this, you got this Bryn.

"Bryn? What're you doing?"

Abort mission. Act normal.

"Jared? Hey, didn't see you there buddy. I dropped my um-" I replied, looking at the ground. "Button."

"Wow. Cool button. I just don't see one." He replied, his eyelids halfway closed in a sarcastic manner. "Look, I know what this is about. I'm not stupid."

"Um, I never said you were. But if you're implying that you are-"

"That's not my point Bryn! I know what went on inside the bathroom, the puppy told me the entire thing."

"Eliazer told you."

"No, he didn't it was the pu-"

"What he say?"