1 (Edited)

It wasn't my plan to be out late but tonight is an exception. I need to find something to eat considering I haven't eaten in almost two days. Since the vampires took over, they left us with anything they didn't want. They wanted everything but the day they took over, they were kind enough to leave us with something. The only things they left alone were our homes, clothes 10% of our food supply, soap and water from the wells. Everything else is gone. Then every month we have to report to the castle and give some our blood. That is unless you work for the Degages who are the royals. The royals are the leaders and they aren't very generous. They do what they want when they want and there's no stopping them. The royal family includes King Mike, Queen Alyssa, Princess Amity and Prince Lucas.

The cold breeze flew on my face causing me to shiver. I really shouldn't be out this late. This is the time random innocent people get taken and sold to a vampire. I'm usually at home trying to stay warm under my two thin blankets and looking at the night sky until I fall asleep. It's not my fault I didn't go out earlier. I had to give up some blood today. I heard something move by the trash and began walking faster. I can't be caught. Not tonight, not ever. Out of nowhere a tall dark figure was standing in front of me. A cold hand caressed my face and a shiver went down my spine.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing out so late?", the man asked.

He's obviously a vampire. Human hands aren't this cold. I stood there not being able to speak or move. This is the first time I've been stopped by a vampire and I don't know what to do.

"That's really none of your concern", I finally replied.

"Feisty aren't we?", he asked.

His hand never left my face. It traveled to my neck and I knew what that meant. I knew that running away wasn't gonna do anything but cause it'd be useless.

"So fragile and delicate. To bad you're gonna die soon once your new master gets a hold of you", he whispered.

I shivered at the thought of being sold. I felt him sink his fangs in my neck and everything went black...