Chapter 44 Edited

The past few days have been hectic. Everyone has been rushing to get the castle clean in time for the ball. Did I help at all? No. Amity requested that I go dress shopping with her and shoe shopping. Then pick out outfits for the servants to wear which is just simple blue knee length dresses with black heels to match. The guys have to wear black tuxes and all servants have to have nametags. Not me. I honestly rather be working than attending the ball as a guest. Amity's sudden change in behavior is still shocking to me. I feel like she's planning something. Something that will be me killed. She won't tell me why she's acting like this but if it keeps me from being killed, I don't mind.

It's the night before the ball and everyone is doing their last minute preparations which means either making sure the dresses are clean, pressed and ready to go, booking hair appointments and nail appointments and making sure the ball room was clean. So clean if I dropped food on the ground, I could still eat it. Gross, I know.

I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling and sat up when I heard the door open.

"Morgan the princess wanted me to give you these", Stephanie said.

She sat on my bed and gave me a box that was a little heavy. The shoes. I opened the box and found a pair of sparkly heels. Of course she'd make me wear these.

"Why is she being so nice to you? From what you told me she used to hate your guts", Stephanie said.

"I don't know. Maybe she wants to make peace?", I asked setting the shoes in my closet.

"Please. Her make peace? I saw her rip a chef's head off because he put to much sauce in her shrimp cocktail".

"Okay that I can believe. But maybe she's trying to change", I said laying back down on my bed.

"Believe what you want. We better get some sleep. Long day tomorrow", she said.

I nodded agreeing with her and then climbed under the covers. I clapped my hands and turned off the light letting sleep take over me...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The following day was extremely busy. The stylist Amity had hired who I eventually learned is named Steve, came around five and the ball starts and 8. If I remember this right, this time instead of having a female stylist like last time I attended a ball, I got a male. I didn't mind though but he made me change into a robe which made me a bit nervous. He set out a whole mini salon in the room. Chair, make up stand and all. I took a seat and let him get to work. We made small talk every other thirty minutes or so that way things won't be so awkward. After that I just sat back and relaxed and let him work...

"Almost finished. I just need to add the final touch", he said rummaging through his drawer.

I stayed silent and then heard him close the drawer and he slipped a small tiara on my head.

"Ta da. Perfect I must say. Do you like it?", he asked.

I looked at myself once again and smiled.

(Picture of her hair at the top)

"I love it. Thank you so much", I replied.

I looked at my nails and they looked amazing. I could never top this.

"Okay you have fifteen minutes to get dressed and get out there. If you need me I'll be right outside the door", he said.

I simply nodded and went to the bathroom to go change into my dress in shoes. It took longer than expected because I didn't want to mess up my hair. It took to long for him to do it because my hair is stubborn and didn't want to cooperate with Steve. I was dressed in five minutes and then called Steve back in to see if I messed up my hair. Thankfully I didn't.

"Alright there's nothing else I need to do. Just go out there and have fun", he said.

I chuckled at the thought of me having fun in a room full of vampires. Yeah keep dreaming buddy. I gave him a small smile and walked out the room and found Amity standing at the staircase with a smile on her face. She was wearing a blood red gown, her hair looked stunning. It's pinned up into an elegant bun with jewels wrapped around it. Her makeup was natural but she wore a dark red lipstick. She looked amazing.

"Morgan you look amazing Steve did such an amazing job. Now come on we have to go", she said linking arms with me.

She descended down the staircase and then looked up at me. I sucked in a deep breath and sighed. Last time I was here I was trying to make Lucas jealous. Now he isn't here and I don't know what to do. I guess I should take Steve's advice and try to have fun. Well here goes nothing...