Chapter 45 Edited

It's been about an hour since the ball started and so far I'm having the time of my life. Note the sarcasm. Amity has tried to get me to dance with some people but I just wasn't up for it. Last time I was here I was trying to make Lucas jealous but now that he isn't here what do I do? I'm not even sure if I want to be here right now but I don't have a choice. Amity comes by the table she got for us and checks to see if I'm there or not. If I happen to go dance with some random stranger she'll know. Like that's gonna happen. I can't believe I'm actually here. Alone, and I spent an hour playing my glass and then heard someone clear their throat.

"Excuse me miss? Can you show me where the drinks are?", a male voice asked.

I looked up and saw a man with blonde hair, gold eyes, a sharp jawline, pale skin. He gave me a small smile flashing his perfect white teeth. This man, this vampire has me at a loss for words. He's freaking gorgeous I must say.

"Oh uh sure follow me", I said standing up.

We walked through the crowd and having a vampire follow me is nerve wrecking. I feel like everyone is watching and whispering she must be a terrible servant, I bet he's going to drain her dry. But no one said anything. In fact, everyone acted like nothing was happening. I stepped up to the table and grabbed some water.

"So anything else?', I asked in the politest way possible.

"I'd like to get to know you if you don't mind", he replied taking a sip of his drink.

Am I really ready to find someone new? Ready to forget Lucas and move on? His eyes gazed upon mine and he gave me a small smile.

"You don't have to accept my offer. I'm pretty sure you already have a boyfriend by now", he said with a chuckle.

He finished his drink at the glass down then leaned on the table.

"No I don't have a boyfriend. I'm single", I said with a small smile.

He gave me another smile and then held out his hand.

"Come with me. Let's go somewhere private", he said.

Something in my mind told me don't trust him. He could be using you for blood. Fresh blood. It's the only way a vampire will be fully satisfied. I took his hand and he lead me outside to a garden. How does he know about this? He sat down on a bench and then looked at me.

"Aren't you going to come have a seat?", he asked.

I sat next to him and then looked at the night sky.

"So tell me about yourself. A girl like you must have a lot to say", he said.

"Actually I have some questions for you", I said.

"Okay go ahead", he said.

"Who are you? How do you your way around this place? Why are you so interested in me?", I asked.

I'm Prince Sam Waters. Prince of the Velaton kingdom. My parents used to come here a lot for meetings. When I didn't feel like being bothered with Amity or Lucas I'd walk around and then one day just stumbled upon this", he replied gesturing to the garden.

"My last question", I said.

"I don't know. Just something about you invites me in. I'm not sure if it's your scent or what but something about you makes me want you", he replied.

"It's probably my blood. I do have an O positive blood type", I mumbled under my breath.

"It's not that. Just your aura I'm assuming. Any more questions?", he asked.

"When you said your parents used to come here, what did you mean? Are they just busy or something?", I asked.

"No actually they died about five months ago and I never actually learned the real reason why they did. I'm supposed to be king as soon I find a bride to take their place", he replied.

"And you want me to marry you", I asked raising my eyebrow.

"I don't expect you to. But I'm pretty sure you have all the guys lined up waiting to date you. You're so pretty and I bet you have a great personality as well", he replied.

"Well", I said.

"Well what?", he asked.

"You said you wanted to get to know me. Aren't you gonna ask any questions?", I asked.

"No. I'm going to let you do all the talking", he replied.

"Okay. Well I'm Morgan, I'm 24, my parents are dead I think, I didn't really have many friends growing up, I was sold as a slave but then I got freed but then left the person who freed me. My favorite food has to be either cranberries or blueberries. My favorite book is the How To series, I hate blackberries and I've never stayed in more than one place.

"Why did you leave the person who freed you? Shouldn't you have dedicated your life to him or her?".

"Things just didn't work out".

"Tell me what happened".

I proceeded to tell him what happened between Lucas and I. First meeting, first kiss, how he basically just abandoned me for some vampire he doesn't even like, just everything. The best part is, he didn't interrupt me. He sat there silently as I ranted about what happened in the past few months. Once I finished he placed his hand on top of mine and looked me directly in my eyes.

"I'm truly sorry about what happened to you. Lucas can be such a vampire sometimes. I pray for the woman who marries him", he said with a light chuckle.

"What's that supposed to mean?", I asked.

"It's an inside joke us vampires have. Sorry I shouldn't have mentioned that. But knowing him he probably would've married you but it's been a while since you left him and he still hasn't found you. If he were to come find you right now would you go back to him?", he asked.

"No. I thought long and hard about that and I never plan on going back. After the way he treated me I'm not going back to him. I just couldn't live with myself if I did", I replied.

"I hope you find someone who's worth your time", he said smiling lightly.

"Thanks. Now since I told a random stranger my life story, it's your turn", I said.

"Hmm well what's there to tell? Hmm, well I'm 317 years old, my parents are dead like I mentioned earlier, I'm an only child, one day I'm going to be king, I have a castle full of maids and they take care of me. Anything else is just boring stuff", he said.

"Uh huh okay", I said with a grin.

For the next couple hours we sat on the bench and when it got cold he gave me his jacket and told me to keep it after I protested many times that I wasn't cold. I don't know why, but talking to a really cute stranger really helped me set free all those bottled up feelings. Maybe Sam and I can become friends of some sort.

"Well m'lady, it was a pleasure meeting you but sadly I must return home", he said standing up.

I stood up as well and looked at him. Why does he have to be so tall? He's only about three inches taller than me.

"Shall I see you again sometime soon?", he asked.

"Well I do work here so if you happen to stop by for a visit I'll be there. Just ask for me", I replied with a small laugh.

"Until then", he said.

He raised my hand and kissed my hand which made me blush.

"I will see you soon".

He then disappeared and left me alone. I guess I was wrong about tonight being terrible. Tonight was great.

I wanna give a special shout out to @tyguy12 for messaging me while writing. Really inspired me to write more. Thank you!!!