Chapter 36 Edited

It's been months since Lucas and I left the castle and I began to wonder when Lucas would turn me. He'll get tired of me eventually since he doesn't age like I do. Yes he gets older mentally but not physically right? But he has to change me in order to free me or the other way around. I'm not sure how to the whole freeing-a- slave process even works honestly. But I do know we have to get the whole royal family's approval in order for it to even happen. Majority rules and pretty much all but three members don't like me so how would we even do it? My mind was racing and I felt a cold hand on my forehead.

"Calm down love. You're stressing out to much. What's wrong?", Lucas asked holding me in his arms.

"Nothing", I lied looking away from him.

"Your voice tells me otherwise", he said.

He gently rubbed my back and I sighed. I looked at him then looked down playing with my fingers.

"When are you going to turn me?", I asked.

He looked at me and chuckled.

"I honestly don't see what's so funny", I said.

He held me against his chest, his cold skin embracing mine. I lightly smiled but it faded quickly as I realized he isn't going to change me.

"Baby can we please not talk about this? Right now we need to focus on something else", he said.

"Like?", I asked.

He pulled something from under his pillow and showed me a box and a piece of paper. He got down on one knee, opened the box and showed me the paper. I covered my mouth in shock.

"This. Morgan, I have loved you since the day we met and till this day . I know in the past I've been a real jerk with mixed emotions but you didn't give up on me. Heck you even decided to taunt me at the ball after I put you down. I love you so much that I went back to the castle and convinced my parents to free you. It was a real struggle but I made it happen. So now I'm asking you. Morgan Taylor, will you marry me?".