Chapter 49 Edited

The next few weeks have been a little crazy that I barely had time to spend with Lucas. The wedding is in a couple days and all we've been doing for the past few weeks are the fitting for dresses and tuxes, rehearsing how I'm walking down the aisle, practicing how we're saying our vows, tasting different cakes and putting together a make up look to match my dress. But I need to practice how I'm walking down the aisle? Seriously? I admit I'm not good at walking in heels and all but seriously? Oh now I see why I need to practice. Still it's taking up to much time and I can't even give Lucas a hug without someone pulling me away from him. But it'll be worth it on the day of the wedding so I don't fall and look like a fool.

I was sitting in the room and suddenly the door flew open revealing Lucas drenched in what seems like water. It has to be water. Vampires don't sweat.

"What happened to you?", I asked raising my eyebrow in curiosity.

"Amity and I were having a water fight for our bonding time and she freaking sprayed the water hose at me", he replied.

"Why wasn't I invited to this water fight?", I asked laughing.

"It's our chance to bond with each other before the wedding. Besides she would've gotten you with the hose", he replied.

He walked over to the dresser and pulled out a pair of dry clothes and walked into the bathroom. He came out a few moments later with dry clothes on and his hair was messy and dry. He looks really cute with messy hair.

"I wouldn't mind. Besides it would've been funny to watch you get drenched in water", I said smiling.

"Yeah well I can get you with the hose if you want", he said.

"No no no it's fine. I'd like to keep my clothes nice and dry", I said.

"That's what I thought", he said laying next to me giving me a kiss on my cheek.

He gave me a smile and I chuckled lightly and placed my body on top of his, resting my back on his chest.

"I love you so much",he said as he began playing with my hair.

"I love you more", I responded.

Everything is perfect. Nothing can go wrong...

************************************

A couple days later the big day came. When I woke up Lucas wasn't there which made me sad considering we did sleep in separate rooms. I guess some people do believe the superstition. Seeing a bride before the wedding is bad luck. I had to force myself out of because I didn't get any sleep last night. It's only because I didn't have Lucas there to pull me in his arms when I woke up like five times last night. I heard a knock on the door and Amity came in the room with a garment bag and at least two bags of makeup.

"What are you doing here so early?", I asked with a yawn following behind my words.

"The wedding is in two hours and you haven't even showered or anything. By the looks of it, it seems like you're just waking up", she replied placing the stuff on the bed.

"Yeah I am just waking up after a restless night thanks to you, Lucas wasn't in here and I'm used to him sleeping next to me", I said.

"Okay okay hush now go take a shower while I get everything ready. , she said.

I grabbed my towel then got into the shower. I stood under the hot water letting it fall onto my skin, relaxing my muscles relieving all the tension I have. I'm honestly really nervous. What if I fall while walking in the heels? What if Lucas doesn't want to marry me?

"Morgan have you actually showered yet or do you plan on just standing under the water forever?", I heard Amity ask from the room.

"I'm coming just give me like three minutes", I replied frantically washing and rinsing my body.

Once I finished I dried myself off and wrapped the towel around my body then walked into the room. Amity looked at me and nodded.

"You under garments are on the bed. Put them on and then come sit over here", she said as she plugged in a flat iron.

I walked over to the bed and looked at the underwear and bra she had set out for me. I simply laughed in my head at what was laying on the bed but I put it on anyways then walked over to the chair and sat down. She began messing with my hair and I felt heat being pressed onto my hair.

"Whoa what are you doing?", I asked.

"Flat ironing your hair", she replied.

"Um for what? My hair is fine the way it is", I said.

"No no no we have to go all out for this. You only get married once. I hope", she said mumbling the last part under her breath.

I let her continue and after about twenty minutes or so she began on my make up which took about an hour leaving us half an hour to get the last minute things ready and get me in the dress. Which I needed help with because I had the fear that if I smudged my makeup, Amity would have a freaking cow.

"Okay. You have twenty minutes to get your heart beat under control. There's going to be tons of vampires here and if they hear the fear in your heart beat, they will be tempted to attack you", Amity said.

I simply nodded and walked over to the bed where my shoes were and slipped on the three inch heels. God I hate heels. I practiced walking in these for weeks and I still don't like them. It took me about 20 minutes just get myself together and heard a knock at the door. The king stood in the door way wearing a black suit and his crown on his head.

"Is she ready to go?", he asked.

"I think so", Amity said looking at me one last time.

She gave me a small smile and walked out the room. The king extended his arm and I walked over to him joining our arms together. Then, we walked out the room and out to the garden. We stopped at the doors the separated me and my soon-to-be husband.

"I'm sorry your parents couldn't be here. If they were I bet they would be crying right about now", he said with a small smile on his face

"It's okay. I'm just glad I didn't have to walk down the aisle alone. Just don't let me fall", I said with a small smile.

"Wouldn't dream of it", he said with a small chuckle.

The music began playing, the guards opened the door and Lucas looked at me with a shocked expression on his face. I smiled and we began walking. Just don't fall, everything will be just fine. Right foot, left foot, head up shoulders back, keep your heart rate at a steady pace.

Before I knew it, I was joining hands with Lucas and he couldn't stop smiling. The minister began talking and Lucas said his 'I do'. The minister looked at me and smiled.

"Do you, Morgan Taylor take Lucas Degage, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or poor, until death you part?", he asked.

"I do", I replied.

"Then I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride", he said.

Lucas grabbed me by my waist and kissed me like he never has before. It felt like there was no one else there. Everything is perfect now.