Chapter 51 Edited

Lucas' POV

I felt something soft on my shoulder and looked over to find Morgan completely passed out. I don't blame her, we have been in this car for a couple hours. I'm actually glad she fell asleep so I could surprise her when she wakes up. She began mumbling in her sleep and beads of sweat rolled down her forehead. I looked at her with a worried expression and she began moving around. I eventually decided to wake her and she looked at me trembling in fear.

"What's wrong?", I asked holding her in my arms.

She began crying a little and didn't respond. I held her in my arms for a few minutes and she wiped her tears away and sniffled.

"My parents", she said.

"What about them?", I asked pulling her close into my arms.

"They've been gone since I was ten. They left before I woke up that morning and I just assumed they went to get food before anyone else could take all the freshest food. They didn't come back at all that day, or the next day or the following day. For years I had to raise myself, go out and get my own food, keep shelter during storms. Surviving on my own wasn't easy. I was fed from twice a week, once a week, twice a day or every two weeks. I'm not sure how I stayed alive for all these years. Then about ten years later I made the conclusion that they were never coming back. So ever since then I lived on my own, tried to survive and not die", she explained.

She stopped crying completely and sat up. She then rubbed her back and I quickly caught on. I slowly slid the back of her dress down and saw the multiple bite marks and faded bruises that were fading away. I pulled her dress back up and she laid back in my arms. She took I deep breath and gave me a small smile. A painful smile that is.

"Why did you tell me all this?", I asked rubbing her back.

"I felt that you needed to know. I knew eventually you'd find out", she replied.

The driver cleared his throat and we turned our attention to him.

"We're here sir", he said.

I simply nodded and got out the car while the men by the plane walked over to the car and got our bags out. I looked at Morgan as she looked at me with a confused look.

"Stay here. I'll come get you when everything is in", I said.

She protested and got out the car anyways and I closed the door behind her.

"Or you can come with me", I said to myself chuckling a little.

We got onto the plane and took our seats near the back. She sat next to the window while I sat next to the aisle.

"So first a car, now a plane what's next a boat?", she asked.

"Yes. We're taking a boat next. We'll be at our destination in a good hour or two", I replied smiling a little bit.

She looked out the window and I could feel her positive energy floating in the air. God I love this woman so much.

Morgan's POV

I looked out the window feeling excited about where Lucas is taking me. I felt his hand rest on top of mine and smiled and I looked at him.

"What?", he asked with a smile.

"Tell me where we're going", I said.

"That's a surprise. Just wait love. Just wait".

************************************************************************************************************

About an hour later we landed at an airport and then took another car to a house located on a beach. We walked inside. Lucas literally carried me to the room and set me on the bed.

"Hey can I ask you something", I asked biting my lip.

"Anything", he replied.

"When are you going to turn me?", I asked.

"Whenever you're ready", he replied.

"I'm ready now", I said.

"You sure you don't want some more time to be a human? Once it's done there's no turning back. You'll be stuck like me forever. Watching everyone grow older while you stay younger", he said.

"I only have 17 hours until the blood wears off. Why don't we just do it now?", I asked pushing my hair back exposing my neck to him.

I stood up and looked at him and gave me a worried look. He then sighed and looked at me.

"If this doesn't work I'll never forgive myself", he said wrapping his arms around my waist.

I hesitated then looked up at him.

"I trust you", I said.

He sighed and nodded. He leaned down and I felt his warm breath on my neck. His fangs pierced my skin and I felt a sharp pain run through my neck. He pulled away and looked me in the eyes. I felt my eyes get heavier and heavier by the minute. He kept looking into my eyes and my eye lids dropped but I heard him say one last thing.

"I love you".

Then everything went dark...