Chapter 42 Edited

I'm not sure how long I've been gone but I did find a place to stay for the night. I need someplace to clear my head. The motel I was staying at wasn't that nice I'll admit but hey it's something that'll keep me off the streets for the night. Never know what could happen if you're out late at night. Oh right getting sold for a cruel and heartless vampire prince is what happened last time I was out late at night. At this point I didn't care what would happen to me. I needed to get away from him. I can't do this. He's treating me like a slave and I got freed months ago. I know I may be over reacting but that really hurt. Him acting that way towards me brought back so many painful memories. I can't be with him anymore. I paced around the room then just laid on the bed. A few moments later I heard a knock on the door and went to go see who it was. I peeked through the little seeing hole and saw Lucas standing there with a bouquet of flowers.

"Morgan I know you're in there. Please open the door and come home. I'm sorry", he said.

"Go away. I left for a reason and I'm not coming back", I said.

I heard him sigh and then everything was silent. I feel bad for leaving but then again I don't. I left for a reason and I'm not going back which is something he needs to realize.

"So are we really over?", Lucas asked with a hint of sadness in his voice.

I stayed quiet debating whether I should even answer that question. Throwing away everything we have, loosing someone great? Without even thinking, I answered before my mind could even process what I was about to say.

"Yes", I replied.

It didn't take a scientist to figure out that both our hearts dropped or broke. Or both. I opened the door slowly and saw that the hallway was empty. Honestly, I feel that I made the right choice. But if I did, why do I feel so terrible for hurting him?

************************************

The next day I went back to the house and packed my stuff. I had to bring my things from the motel incase I wasn't going back. The stuff I have at the house wasn't much but still it was mine. Lucas just stood in the door way looking at me in sadness. His eyes begged me to stay but I can't stay here. He might say something like that again and I don't want to hear it. After I had all my stuff packed, I looked at him and saw a tear form in his eyes. His face has that look that says if you don't stay I'll find a way to kill myself.

"Please stay. I need you", he said.

"I can't. I have to go. Goodbye Lucas".

It took everything in my power for me not to cry. Not there. I walked out the door and saw Jay walking towards the house. He gave me a weird look and then finally spoke.

"What happened? Everything not going your way in romance-landia?", he asked in a concerned but yet annoyed tone.

"I'm leaving Lucas. I don't know where I'm gonna go yet but hopefully I'll find a place", I replied.

"Come on. I'll take you to my place. You can stay with me until you find a place to stay", he said.

"I don't want to be a burden. Maybe I can beg for my job back at the castle", I said.

"Are you crazy? You're actually willing to go back there?", Jay asked.

"Jay I need a job and a place to live", I said.

"Then just stay at my place and we can both find jobs".

"No I can't. I'm sorry Jay but I just, I just need sometime alone. I'll see you soon. Eventually".

I walked past him and began my long journey to the castle...

************************************

It took almost a couple hours to get to the castle but I made it. Passing multiple guards I made it into the throne room and saw the king sitting at his throne. He looked at me and gave me a warm smile.

"Morgan welcome where's Lucas is he alright?", he asked.

"Your majesty", I said then bowed.

"No need for all that. Now tell me how's my son? Is everything okay between you two?", he asked.

"Lucas and I aren't together anymore. He said somethings, I took it really personal and left. Now I'm here because I need a job and place to stay", I replied.

"Oh I'm not so sure about that. My wife and Amity are still pretty mad about you and Lucas".

"Can't you just tell them that we aren't gonna together anymore?".

"Well I can try. You're lucky I like you. Not in the relationship way I'm way to old for you".

I simply chuckled. It's sad that he's the only royal member here that likes me.

"Thank you so much".

"No problem. Stephanie!".

A girl with blonde hair and gold eyes and pale skin stood in front of the king with a blank face.

"Can you take Morgan up to the east wing where all the maids are? You'll be training her to be a maid for the time being and she'll be sleeping in your room".

"Yes your majesty. Come on Morgan", she said.

I followed her up to the room and saw two king sized beds, a giant window, two closets and black carpet.

"The bed to the right is yours. Our uniforms are in the closets and the one on the right is your closet. Since you're just getting here I'll let you get settled in. I'll bring in all the rules and stuff later before lights out", she explained.

I simply nodded and watched as she walked out the room. I walked over to the window and looked at the people walking around acting like everything is okay. I guess this is my new life. Hopefully nothing will go wrong this time... Who am I kidding something is destined to go wrong.

*Cries because Morgan is gone* Ugh if I got paid for writing I'd be okay with writing sad scenes. But I'm not okay with it. Anyways for those of you with an Instagram you should go follow me. My username is walkerkyra and my account is public but will be private soon. So go check it out. Love you my little flames! <3