Chapter 43 Edited

The song is called Mirrors by Pvris. Hope you enjoy!

************************************

I sat on the bed thinking about Lucas. It's been a week since I left and he still hasn't come looking for me. Maybe he never even cared about me in the first place. In the past week that I've been here, the king talked to the queen and the princess and a couple days they let their grudge against me go once they realized Lucas and I are never getting back together. Technically by law I'm not a slave but according to the workers list I work here. If I leave without the royal family knowing, I'll be punished. Which is another phrase saying I'll die. Amity has tried to get along with me by asking me if I wanted to hang out with her. I know crazy right? But every time she'd ask I'd politely say no thank you I have work to do. I don't see why she expects me to become best friends with her after she nearly killed me for dating her brother. But I still couldn't figure out why Amity wants to be friends with me after almost killing me. I heard a knock on the door and went to go answer. To my surprise Amity was on the other side holding a box with this huge smile plastered on her face.

"Hey bestie what's going on?", she asked inviting herself into the room.

"Um hello", I responded awkwardly.

I quickly closed the door and walked over to her glancing at the box.

"I have a present for you", she said the smile still on her face.

She gave me the box and it seemed a little heavy. Lifting the lid I found a beautiful blue gown. Pulling the dress out I looked at it no admired the way it looked. (PICTURE OF HER DRESS ABOVE)

"My father is hosting a ball this Saturday and I requested that you have the night off. It's the least I could do to make you feel more welcome", she explained.

"I don't know. Are you sure about this?", I asked.

"Of course. Anything for you", she replied.

"Why are you being so nice to me?", I asked.

"Do you want me to go back to trying to kill you?", she asked.

"No. I've just never seen this side of you before. What changed?", I asked.

"I just let bygones be bygones. Now are you going to the ball or not?", she asked.

"Sure I'll go. But don't expect me to have fun", I replied.

"Perfect. I'll get you a stylist booked for Saturday. I'll bring the shoes later. Heels or flats?", she asked.

"Surprise me", I replied.

She gave me a small smile and then left. I honestly have my suspicions about her. I guess it's better to roll with it. I mean what could go wrong?

A lot. A lot can go wrong...