Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Steaming water falls from the facet and over me and I let out a relaxed sigh. I always liked my showers burning, my skin is always beat red when I get out.

My mum always complains and says it'll destroy my organs or some shit like that but oh well, we all die in the end.

Showers are calming for me, I love them. They're the perfect place to think.

Beyond my control, my mind wonders to the beautiful boy in the woods last night. I can't help it. He looked almost inhuman with beauty. Oh god help me, I sound like a stupid Bella wannabe.

I've never seen him before but it's a small town, there's only one high school so he definitely goes there.

A big part of me hopes I'll bump into him at school today, I just want to see him again.

I know I should really get out of the shower now. Sighing, I turn the water and step out. I wrap a towel around my waist before existing the foggy bathroom into the cold air conditioned hallway.

My feet pat across the carpet as I rush to my room.

I pull out just a normal pair of black jeans and a grey long sleeved shirt, even though the school year has just started, this freaking town is already getting cold outside.

I look at my clock and groan, I'll be late if I don't leave now. Damn those long showers.

"Bye mum!" I hurry out the door before I can hear her answer but I'm sure it's along the lines of "don't die Bellamy!".

Digging my hands in the pockets of my jeans, I walk as fast as I possibly can without running. Jeez, I've down so much exercise since school started and it's only the second day.

I hear the thunder boom above me and I say fuck it, and start sprinting down the street.

Cars drive past me, just as it starts to pour. I pick up my speed, I know I'll already be dead by gym class today.

"Hey loser!" I hear from my right and I turn to see Mia sitting in the driver's seat of a small blue car.

"Mia? You're fucking everywhere!" I tell through the loud rain.

She laughs, "Get in here!"

I don't question her and I jog around her car to the passenger side. I basically fall into the seat and lean my head back, taking deep breaths.

"Thanks," I say breathlessly.

"From now on, I'll take you to school." She tells me and I don't argue.

"How do you have a car?" I ask.

"When my brother ran away, he left his car." She says shrugging. Her brother ran away?

"Your brother?" I question and she shrugs again.

"He's my twin, he ran away last year." She explains and even though she tries to sound strong, I can hear the pain underneath.

"What was his name?"

"Mitchell, we just called him Mitch though."

"Do you know why he ran away?" My curiosity is getting the best of me.

"I have no clue, no one does. He left behind his friends, his girlfriend and me." She tells me and bits her lip.

"I'm sorry, Mia." I whisper.

"It's okay, it's been over a year." She turns into the parking lot of the school and the conversation is over.

As we're pulling into the parking lot, a group of boys catch my eyes, I turn to see the boy from last night. What the hell.