Chapter 11

Chapter 11

RUNNERS NEEDED FOR THE WOODSTOWN TRACK TEAM!

I stare up at the poster, clinging to the wall by a thumbtack and sigh.

"Try outs are today," A familiar voice says and I turn to the voice, unsurprised to see Azul.

"Are they?" I ask, scratching the back of my head nervously.

"Just after school, in the back field. We can meet up and go together?" Azul suggests and I hum, debating it. "C'mon Bell, you're amazing on the field."

"I may not even make it," This causes him to raise an eyebrow at me.

"You're faster than me," He says crossing his arms, "And I'm captain, I'm the fastest on the team."

"Oh, well," I start but he cuts me off.

"You don't have an excuse," He says this with a wink and I roll my eyes.

"Alright, I'll try out." I give up.

"Great, I'll meet you at your locker after school!" And with that he turns and walks away. I stare after him, wondering how he even knows which locker is even mine.

I don't bother going after him and questioning him about it though.

The bell rings, signaling for second period to start. Well damn, I'm late for class. Thanks Azul. My class is all away on the other side of the school, three floors up. I'm debating whether or not to run, but I'm already late so I might as well take my time.

As I wander through the hallways, my mind wanders to elsewhere. My mind jumps from Mia to school to the Dead Boys and ultimately and inevitably to Aaron. Oh god, why is he always popping up in my heads. Images of his shy smile and quiet laughs flood by mind.

I wonder if I'll see him tonight at the treehouse, oh god I hope so-

"Okay you little fag, turn out your pockets or you'll have a black eye in return!" My thoughts are cut off by a deep voice, a voice filled with rage and disgust. My stomach flips over on its belly as it brings back memories I've been trying to keep buried.

I peek my head around the corner, its Bentley. Three guys I've seen around but I have no clue who they are or what their names are, surround Bentley. Bentley's face is made of pure terror and suddenly a feeling of strong protectiveness washes over me.

I was always the center of bullying, I was never able to stick up for myself, but as I see Bentley I feel a power I've never felt before. Before I can stop myself, I'm stepping out from around the corner and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Bentley! There you are! Jesus Bent, you're late for English!" I say as calmly as I can. The three guys turn around to face me, they all look pretty similar, same hair cuts, same broad shoulders. I have to blink a few times before realizing that they're triplets.

Bentley's face is filled with surprise and gratitude when he sees me, "Oh Bell man, I just got held up by my three friends here; Dale, George and Connor."

"Hey guys," I say with a wave. The three of them raise their eyebrows, almost all at the same time.

"You're friends with this fag?" The middle one says, the one I'm assuming is George.

"Oh yeah, we go way back." I tell them and Bentley bites his lip, stifling a laugh.

Bentley steps out from the corner where he had been held up against and walks over to me, standing by my side. "See ya later fellows!" He says and I shoot him a glare that says "Don't push it!"