Chapter 12

Chapter 12

TREEHOUSE NOW!

My phone lit up on the walk home, it was from an unknown number, but it could only be one of five. I didn't bother questioning how they got my number, I just sent back an OK!

I crossed the street on the main road to my house and to the forest entrance.

"Bellamy!" I turned around at the call of my name to see little Bentley running up behind me.

"Oh hey," I say and slow down so he can catch up to me. We enter the woods together.

"Do you know who's number this is?" I ask him, showing him the text.

"Oh, that's Aaron's. I got the same text." I gulp at the mention of Aaron's name.

"Oh," I breathe.

"Do you want me to plug everyone's number in your phone?" Bentley asks.

"Yeah that'd be great," I thank him while handing him my phone.

He has all their numbers memorized and he adds the contacts quickly. After about a minute he hands me my phone back with a smile filled with croaked teeth.

"Everyone already has your number," He comments and I raise an eyebrow.

"How?"

"We Dead Boys have our ways," I laugh at this.

"Alright,"

We continue walking for about five minutes before we reach the treehouse with the clearing.

The sky is starting to darken, not because of the night but instead storm clouds crawl across the sky, taking and swallowing every inch of bright blue left. It sets the woods in a dark atmosphere and my stomach explodes when I realize that in a few short seconds I'll Aaron, nothing but a rope ladder between us.

Bentley climbs up the ladder first, he's quick and sturdy, like he's climbed this thing a thousand times. Well, he probably has. I clumsily follow him.

When I peak my head up, I see that everyone is already there. Aaron and Toby are sitting on dark blue and green bean bag chairs, Caleb is sitting on the army green couch and Azul is sitting on the ground next to him. Bentley runs and takes his place next to Caleb, Caleb smiles at him and I can't help but raise an eyebrow. I can see Bentleys big green eyes sparkle when he looks back at him.

I remember when Mia and Hayden told me that Caleb an Bentley are glued to the hip and Caleb beats anyone who even looks at Bentley wrong. Dead Boys not dating each other my ass.

"So, Aaron, what do you have in store for us today?" Toby asks while blowing a curl away from his eye.

Aaron smirks at us, making my pulse jump, "Cliff jumping."

"Yes!" Bentley says, jumping to his feet. All the boys chime in and I just look at them, gaping.

"You want me to jump off a cliff?" I ask with wide eyes, this makes the whole group laugh.

"Welcome to the Dead Boys, Bellamy." Caleb smirks, mockingly evil.

"The next town over, Rivertown, has an amazing cliff. It's safe, no worries," Aaron says.

I bite my lip, debating whether or not to go with them.

Aaron walks up to me and takes my arm, I gap at his long fingers circled around my wrist. "Come on Bell live a little."