Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Twenty minutes into the drive and Aaron and I finally quit the game of fiddling with each other's pinky fingers and finally clasp our hands together. It makes my whole body fire up and I'm stiff and rigid.

The boys are surprisingly quiet, probably because of the earliness of the morning taunting us behind our eyelids. I mean, I'm pretty positive that Bentley is passed out in the front seat. Azul and Toby, who sit in the middle of the SUV both have earbuds in.

I can hear the faint voice of Britney Spears coming from Azul's earbuds and if I strain to look over Toby's shoulder, I can see him watching Grey's Anatomy.

"So gay," I scoff jokingly and nods my head to the boys in front of Aaron and me.

This makes Aaron chuckle softly, "I'm sure you have a pretty gay hobby." He says with a playful smirk, a smirk that sends chills down my spine.

"I play lacrosse and I'm a runner. So gaaayyy." I say the last sentence sarcastically and he laughs even more.

"I mean, those little shorts runners wear are pretty gay." He comments and I burst out laughing so loudly Bentley turns around and tells me to shut up. This just makes Aaron and I laugh even more.

He gives us a dirty look before turning back around, probably to try and fall asleep again.

Aaron and I look at each other again, with huge smiles on our faces and oh god what a beautiful human he is.

We start driving up a hill, no, more like the beautiful mountains you'll see in Virginia. They stretch out towards the sky like their reaching up with their finger tips. Seeing these mountains in the distance with thick forest surrounding them is breathtaking.

The sight itself just makes me feel more alive.

I look to my right, behind Aaron and gasp, we're right along the shoreline. I have to strain to see the rippling waters crashing against the cliff. I gulp, we're going to be jumping into that. Am I in Twilight or am I in Twilight?

We drive for about 20 minutes down the shoreline, where in does in fact begin to lessen in height but that does not mean my butterflies are at bay. Caleb turns down a side street and parks the care in an open bed of grass encompassed by trees.

Toby is first to exist the car, he bounces to the trunk or the car to start pulling out of backpacks and gym bags that we brought lunch, swim bottoms and other assumed necessities for today's adventure.

We all follow him and collect our own bags, mine is a Goodlife gym bag, back when I lived in a city big enough for a gym.

Caleb walks around with his shoulder set back and squared, leading us through the bush like he's been here before when we know he hasn't. Correction: he walks like he owns the place. It really is an attractive trait about him, he is drenched in masculinity and confidence.

The forest doesn't last long, maybe about a yard before it thins and then it's nothing. The smell of the salty ocean hits me almost as hard as the breeze, it rustles my hair and I have to move it out of my eyes in order to fully look around.

Six Dead Boys; Caleb, Toby, Bentley, Azul, Aaron and I all stand on top of a cliff overlooking the peremptory and unmerciful Atlantic Ocean in all its beauty and power.

A strange feeling encompasses my body and I feel like I could fly, I mean, I am about to so I think the feeling is justified.

A movement to my right makes me turn to see Aaron peeling off his dark shirt, he catches my eyes as he lifts it, exposing his toned stomach. Oh god. Oh god. I divert my eyes to see the rest of the boys doing the same. I follow their lead and change into my swim trunks, we all keep our eyes down.