Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Being gay in 2018 isn't as nearly as bad as it was decades before, but when you live in a town where the people inhabiting it are stuck in the past, it's almost as if nothing has changed. It's crazy how there are these tiny towns spread out across America that haven't changed one bit. Woodstown is one of those towns. Nestled in the middle of nowhere, perfectly secluded from anything relevant to LGBTQ+ culture or community. I already know one day I will move to a big city where pride is celebrated like Toronto or New York. Okay, maybe not as big as New York.

Monday rolled around and I can still feel Aaron's lips on mine, still feel his breath on my neck and his hands on my waist. This terrible ache I have in my stomach drives my fluttering heart wild. How can a human possibly have this impact on me? How can a living thing made of simply flesh and blood do this to another living thing made of flesh and blood.

For such a small town, so much has happened the past weeks since I've been here. So much mystery that I have yet to uncover. Dead Boys, Mia's missing brother, Sunny Side Conversation Camp. So many secret and underlining things here.

I turn the shower tap off and step out of the shower. Monday. I will see Aaron today, the very thought makes me jittery.

Instant dread then washes over me and I feel sick. I finally have a perfect group of friends that I can relate to, that I can always count on, that I can go on crazy adventures with- I risked all that on Saturday. I've betrayed them already. A whirl of emotions is storming inside me. Aaron. Dead Boys. Every thought is painful.

I can't let this go on. I know he'll know it too though and I know he won't be able to betray his friends again like that. What happened, happened in a moment of passion and we didn't really think through it. Oh god, Bellamy, what have you gotten yourself into?

I've been standing in the middle of the washroom dripping wet for too long now so I dry my hair with a towel and pull over a hoodie and jogging pants.

I rush towards the front door just as Mia pulls up.

"Hey guys," I say to Mia and to Hayden who sits in the passenger seat. Mia has her blonde hair tucked into a beanie and a scarf is knotted tightly around her neck. "Cold?" I ask with a snicker.

"You have no idea," Hayden snickers and rolls his eyes. I notice that his electric blue hair has faded a bit from washing and now it's a lighter sky blue. I wish I could look that good with coloured hair.

"Hey! You ass!" She pouts as she pulls out of the driveway.

"This girl took forever putting on layer upon layer this morning," Hayden sighs and she pouts further and sticks out her tongue at him.

"Listen, I'm a five foot two anemic, ya girl gonna get cold!" We turn down onto the main road in the direction of the school.

"Why does every chick have iron deficiency these days?" I ask with a laugh. Mia somehow manages to turn around and swing at the same time as driving. "EYES ON THE ROAD YOU CRAZY FUCKER!" I shriek.

"Mia! God damn!" Hayden yells laughing at the same time.

"You're fine," She laughs along, and I start laughing as well. What a crazy girl.

As we pull into the school parking lot at the same time as Caleb's SUV does. I watch as all five boys climb out of the vehicle, as I do the same. My eyes automatically focus on Aaron, he looks around casually as the wind pushes his hair around his face. My breath catches in my throat.

I am reminded of the feeling of his lips on mine and the way his eyes bore into mine and how water dripped from the tips of his hair onto my face. Oh god, its getting hard to breathe. Seeing him for the first time since our kiss is ecstatic.

They are all beautiful in their own way; they all fit together to create this beautiful image. I can't help but stare at them. I am one of them now. Do I look like that when I walk with them? Not possible.

"Bell!" Bentley yells over to me. They all walk towards Mia, Hayden and I. I can feel Mia and Hayden stiffen behind me.

"Hey guys," I say, looking over them, my eyes tug on Aaron. He wears a crisp white shirt with a dark flannel and fitting black jeans and he looks absolutely breathtaking.

His eyes scan over me and my friends, not bothering to give me a second look. I frown but I shouldn't be looking at him the way I am.

"Wednesday," Toby says to me and brings me into one of those bro hug type things.

"Wednesday, got it," I say nodding to all of them. I guess our next Dead Boy meeting is Wednesday.

"See you," Caleb says nodding in my direction and I give a nod back, directing it to all the guys.

As they walk away, my gaze follows Aaron. He wouldn't even look at me or acknowledge me. I hate how much it bothers me. I've waited these past two days with him and only him in my mind. Though I know it's wrong and that I can't let something like that happen again, so much of me wishes he would be persistent, so I would have a reason to cave.

"They're so weird," Hayden says. I turn around with a raised eyebrow. "No offence,"

"Uh-huh," I say with a smile, not really bothered by the comment. If weird is the worst insult I'll get from hanging out with them, I'll take it any day. It's way better than the stuff I would have to deal with at my old school.

"Hayden!" Mia says and hits him lightly.

"You used to say they were weird too!" He answers defensively. She doesn't know how to respond so she just sighs and shakes her head. She shoots me an apologetic look but I just smile at her, letting her know that everything is cool.

"Let's go guys, we'll be late for class." I say as the warning bell rings audibly from inside the school.

*****

The day goes by quickly but not quick enough.

I want it to be Wednesday so badly. I want to know what they plan for our next adventure, I want to spend more time with the boys especially Aaron.

Tomorrow after school I have track practice and I feel exhausted even thinking about track right now, nonetheless I am excited. I have so much pent up energy that I have to let out. So much stress, so much emotion, so much of everything.

Running fixes everything because in a way it numbs everything. Every feeling and thought is clouded by dry lungs and aching sides. The best medicine to replace the fire inside me. It's the most pleasant, icy feeling.

I look at the time, it's nearly ten in the evening.

It's not to late for a run.

Before I know it, I'm doing up my laces and I'm out the door on my feet.

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Yes, this was a short fluff chapter but after the last one can you blame me? We need some cool off time from the kiss! 

The next chapter will be more exciting and guys I'm trying to update as much as I can but i am a university student and I'm an English major so I have lots of reading and writing to do already. I'm trying.

-Hannah