Chapter 27

Chapter 27

The three of us went out to eat and now we're driving down an empty road in the middle of nowhere. Well, maybe not the middle of nowhere, but we're driving around the outskirts of our little town.

Long roads twist into tall forests and along cliffs of tall mountains. We find ourselves close to the area where me and the Dead Boys went cliff diving. I smile softly to myself as I remember that day. My first kiss with Aaron happened that day. It seems like just yesterday when in reality it was months ago now.

Aaron and I sit in the backseat together while Mia drives. I rest my head on his shoulder as our fingers intertwine. She assured us that she didn't mind us both sitting back here. She's too lost in her music and in the comfort of driving to really care.

The sun is currently setting even though its barely five in the evening at this point. Winter has come and the days are shorter, and the nights are longer.

"So, how did this happen?" Mia asks, catching our eyes in the review mirror.

"A long story," I snort and Aaron chuckles.

"I want to hear. Aaron, how did you even know he was gay in the first place?"

"Well," He says smiling at me. "Remember that party you brought him to at Toby's?"

"Yeah?" She answers confused.

"Damn, I'm surprised you remember it." I tease.

"Oh, shut up!" She laughs and pretends to glare at me. "Go on,"

"Bell had a lot to drink that night too and we were in the bathroom together when he was puking his brains out." He continues to explain, and I roll my eyes.

"Romantic," Mia mutters.

"After he was done emptying his stomach, he accidently casually brought up how he was gay."

My stomach begins to flutter just thinking about that day. I feel like that was the moment when I realized just how strongly my feelings were growing for Aaron. At the time, I had no clue what was coming next or just how much I would love him.

Wait a minute! Did I really just think that? My breath begins to shorten as I realize that I had literally just said that I love Aaron in my thoughts. Before I can think more about it, Mia's voice interrupts my thoughts.

"Damn Bell! I had no clue you were that drunk that night. I should've taken better care of you." She says, I can't see her face, but I can hear the frown in her voice.

"Mama, don't even worry about that. I'm old enough to take care of myself and I chose to drink that much." I tell him sincerely.

"Plus, I would've never known he was gay if that never happened. We wouldn't be here," Aaron says, looking at me now.

"I'd like to think we'd still find each other," I say, and this makes him smile.

"I had a feeling you were gay from the start," He admits sheepishly.

"Whys that?" I smirk.

"Because I could see the way you looked at me. Every time we were near each other I could tell there was something there. I just didn't know how aware you were of your own sexuality. I'm glad you're aware though." Aaron says, taking my hand again.

"Oh, I'm very aware." I say smirking once again and moving my face closer to his. He smirks as well as he kisses me sweetly on the lips.

"I'm still here you know!" Mia whines and we laugh. "This is my car after all!"