Chapter 33

Chapter 33

"Honey, be careful when you get out of the car." My mom sighs as we grow closer to my house. I roll my eyes.

"Mom, he hardly touched me." I say, picking at my fingernails.

"But something could pop up tomorrow that you don't feel right now," She says, turning around in the passenger seat as my dad continues to drive.

"I really doubt that," I snort and I see my dad glare at me through the rearview mirror. I shrug in response.

"How's your ribs, honey? Do they hurt?"

I'm going to commit if she keeps pestering me.

I love her and appreciate her looking after me a lot but at the same time, she really is driving me crazy. We left the medical centre about fifteen minutes ago and she's already asked me about my ribs like four times.

Aaron was lucky that the loud crack from his ribs mostly came from Caleb's knuckles cracking and not his own ribs. I can remember that sound scaring me so much.

The thought of Aaron basically winds me. My parents arrived at the medical centre with many questions and not enough time. As soon as I was clear to go by the police and the nurses, they dragged me out of there quicker than a soccer mom running late for her son's game.

I didn't get much time to say goodbye to Aaron. My mother's hand was wrapped around my arm as we attempted to kiss and hug goodbye. Which, I may add, was very awkward with my parents there.

We pull up to my house a few minutes later and my mom jumps out of the care so she can run around and open the door for me.

"Mom, seriously, I'm okay." I frown and open my door for myself before we can reach it.

As I look down at her, I can see tears forming in her precious eyes. I frown even more and bring her in closer so I can give her a big hug.

"I'm sorry baby. I just can't believe we let you get hurt again." She cries. The three of us walk inside towards my house and gather in the living room. I let them guide me towards the sofa as each of them sit on either side of me.

"I got myself into this situation. It's not your guy's fault." I explain. I decided then to tell them about the Dead Boys and my whole story with them; including Aaron. They listen to me closely with wide and surprised eyes as I tell them everything from meeting Aaron in the woods, to the party, to the cliff jumping, to the movie nights, to the adventures and including the rules.
The only thing I leave out is everything I know about Mia's brother. That's one secret I don't think that I can afford to tell. Just in case.

"Honey, your father and I have been talking." My mom says and my heart drops. This can't be good.

"And?" I ask them, looking between the both of them.

"Your safety is our number one concern, Bellamy." My father begins and I stare at him with wide eyes.

"We don't think that you're safe here," My mother says.

"I mean, look at what happened to you here. You got wrapped up with some bad people and you got hurt again. We have to protect you before anything else." My dad explains and I frown. No, no, no. This can't be happening right now.

"We believe that it would be best if we left Woodstown." My mom says finally.

I bolt out of my seat and stand up quickly to look at my parents. Panic is plastered clear as day on my face.

"No!" I yell. My voice is high pitched and full of panic. "Y-you can't do that to me!"

They're faces are full of shock to say the least. I know my outburst has startled them. Last time we had this talk, I was sitting in the hospital and more than eager to leave the shit ass city I used to live in.