Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Aaron and I stand on my front porch for the second time that day and it feels like my heart is breaking.

No, nothing tragic happened over dinner, its just I've spent nearly twenty-four straight hours with him, and it physically hurts that I have to leave his side.

"Baby," He mutters into my neck as we hold each other tightly and effortlessly. My heart jumps at the simple pet name and I sigh in happiness and in wanting.

"Don't go," I say, my voice slightly muffled in his hair. Oh, and his hair smells amazing. He smells like everything a hot summer night would smell like. He smells like a smoky campfire and pine needles along with the typical smell of men's bodywash.

He sighs against me as well and I can tell instantly that he doesn't want to go anymore than I want him to. It's hard spending a lot of time with someone then having to part. I know I'll see him at school on Monday but still. I just have to get through tomorrow.

We pull apart and smile sweetly at each other. He touches my face and my hair in admiration before cupping my cheek to bring my lips to him. The kiss is sweet, intense and magical. I can't help but grip him close to my body which causes him to release a breathy moan against my mouth.

"I have to go," He says, somewhat breathless as he pulls away. I nod frowning, knowing that our perfect day has come to an end.

"I know," I say as I touch his hair softly. I give him one last kiss and one last hug before he turns to walk away.

"Goodnight Bell," He says to me as he walks down the steps of my porch.

"Goodnight Aaron," I say back and smile as I watch him walk down my driveway and in the direction of his house.

"Oh god," I say to myself when I know he's out of earshot. "I'm so in love with him."

A few hours later I lay in bed and stare up at the ceiling. I was so easy to sleep by Aaron's side last night. My heart wants him. I've never felt this type of wanting or need for someone before. I just want him.

It's not until after three in the morning that I finally fall asleep. My mind has been racing, much like it has been these past few months. I think about how much my life has changed since September and how much has happened in these few short months. It's been four months, yet it feels like the amount of things that have happened could have taken place over a year.

** ** **

I wake up to my phone alarm and I shoot up in my bed. I scratch my head for a second, thinking that I have to get up for school before realizing its Sunday. Huh?

I pick up my phone to find that it is not my phone alarm but I'm actually just getting a phone call. I frown picking it up, it's Mia. It's also just after ten in the morning. No way her crazy ass is up right now.

"Mia?" I ask as I answer the phone.

"Bell? Bell?" She says frantically. My heart instantly drops to my stomach.

"Mia? What is it?" I ask her and that's when I hear she's sobbing. What possibly could have happened this early on a Sunday?

"Its Hayden," She sobs, and I immediately become protective.

"Did he hurt you?" I ask sternly.

"No, no," She says. I can tell she's trying to catch her breath.

"Then what is it?" I ask, getting increasingly worried by the second.

"He knows you're gay,"

The blood in my veins freeze as I gasp. My heart is beating so fast.