Chapter 13

Chapter 13

It's Tuesday morning and Mia has the spectacular idea of skipping first period to go out for breakfast, and to be honest, I'm not protesting.

Mia and Hayden both stormed into my room (I don't know why my mum keeps letting her in our house) and drag me out of bed. You wouldn't think it at first glance, but Hayden is just as crazy as Mia.

"Why do you never wear this, Bell?" Mia asks, holding up a dark green knit sweater, I wrinkle my nose in distaste.

"Well, I like it. So you're gonna wear it!" She informs me, thrusting the sweater into my arms.

"Yeah right," I scoff and Mia narrows her eyes at me, looking purely evil. "Okay, green ugly sweater it is."

This makes Hayden snicker and pull Mia into a strong hug. "That's my scary girl."

"Rawr!" She says, scratching the air like a cat.

"Oh god, please stop!" I groan, disgusted. "There's a reason I never hang out with you guys together."

This makes them laugh even more and I just roll my eyes as I slip the knit sweater over my plain white t shirt. I grab a pair of black vans and tie them up quickly so I can get the two menaces out of my house.

We all walk out, not before my mum insists I give her a kiss of course, and head down my driveway to Mia's car. Hayden takes the front seat and I take the back seat, Mia turns around and smirks at me. I swear this girl is truly evil.

"We're going out for breakfast, you don't have to look so devious." I say and they both turn back to face the front, laughing.

"That is true but I love picking on you," she explains and I roll my eyes.

The drive is only five minutes from my house to the one of two diners in Woodstown. Annie's Diner looks like your typically fifties inspired diner with red and white checkers surrounding the building with a sign that's been burnt out since I got here, I doubt it'll ever light up again.

We seat ourselves in the rather empty restaurant, most people are at school or work during this time of the day so I'm not surprised. Mia picks a booth in the back corner of the restaurant so she can stare up lovingly at the framed Elvis poster.

  "Have you been here before?" Hayden asks me as we settle down.

"I haven't, I've been to the other diner though after my mum dragged me church when we first got here. What's it called again?"

"Amy's," He answers and I snicker.

"Creative names," I comment and Mia and Hayden both laugh.

"They're sisters," Mia explains smirking.

"Of course, they are."

"Small town man," Hayden says.

"Speaking of small towns," Mia trails off and I follow her gaze, suddenly feeling like cold water is being poured down my back.

"They're everywhere," Hayden scoffs.

Aaron is at the other side of the diner, talking to one of the guys behind the counter. I can't see him very well, but I know that mess of dark curls anywhere. As if he senses us starring at him, he turns and looks us over, landing his eyes on me.

I see the guy he was talking to behind the counter hand him something, menus, that's when my eyes close on the name tag hanging crookedly on his shirt pocket. Oh god, he works here. Wait, isn't he supposed to me at school. I mean, he could ask me the same thing.