A Surprise

"We should go inside..."

Bonnie said as she was beyond freezing.

"Yes, sounds good."

Wallace muttered sounding quite tired.

"Do you want to take a shower before you go to bed?"

Bonnie asked blushing, wishing she had kept her mouth shut.

"Em, yes I guess, that would be nice."

Relieved Bonnie let out an awkward giggle.

"You ready?"

She asked sitting up on the grass.

"Yes."

Wallace replied, also sitting up. Bonnie helped Wallace up and they walk to the barn to drop off Daisy, and made their way to the house.

The door creaked open and Bonnie crept in with Wallace by her side and they quietly walked up the stairs. Bonnie showed him to the shower and Wallace walked in. Bonnie grabbed his clothes and put them in her wash basket and she started changing as well. When Wallace was finished Bonnie gave him some of her fathers clothes to wear. It was Bonnie's turn to shower and she took a nice hot one. She wanted to stay in there forever, but she knew she had to get out.

When Bonnie came out Wallace was looking through the window at Loch Bonnie and Bonnie quickly grabbed her night gown and crept back into the shower to get into her nightwear. As Bonnie came out of the bathroom in her white gown she guided Wallace down to the kitchen where she saw the leftover fish.

"Wallace we have some fish, do you want some?"

Bonnie whispered to Wallace in the dark kitchen.

"Anything will do."

Wallace whispered back giggling a little as Bonnie lit some candles and put them on the table.

"I'm going to warm some up, I think you should sit right over there."

Bonnie pointed at the fire place.

"I'm going to go upstairs to grab some blankets."

She lit the fire place and put the spare fish on a tray above the fire. She left Wallace by the fire and quickly ran upstairs to grab some blankets and her sheep wool bath robe. Bonnie rushed back down and placed the warmest blanket around his shoulders.

"Getting warm? How about some tea?"

"Yes please."

Wallace said staring into the fire.

"What tea do you want?"

"Lemon juice and honey, if that's possible?"

"Emm... sure, how do you make this tea?"

"You have to cut a lemon and squeeze all the juice into a mug and remove the seeds. Then add in boiled water and to sweeten it some honey. It's very good to sooth throats."

"I'll try."

Bonnie was little worried that she would mess up. She started to squeeze the lemon juice into two mugs and took out the seeds. Then proceeded to add the boiled water and brought them to the table.

"I think that the fish may be ready?"

Wallace said, standing up looking at the fish

"Oh of course, let me get that."

Bonnie rushed over to the fire place and grabbed the tray. She put the fish on a plate and divided it between two. Then she picked up the jar of honey and brought the fish and honey to the table where Wallace had moved to.

"Here you go Sir, your fish the jar of honey and I'll go grab your lemon tea."

Bonnie giggled while she put down the food.

"Thank you Miss."

Wallace smiled. Bonnie grabbed the tea and she observed Wallace pouring the honey into the mug and did the same. The tea was delicious.

After they ate they headed up to Bonnie's room and sat on her bed, she thought 'Do I like Wallace?'

"No, no I don't."

Bonnie kept muttering to herself.

But her heart kept racing when she looked at him, she was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't notice Wallace sat next to her on the bed. Bonnie was lost in Wallace's dreamy eyes and he was staring into her hazel ones. He leaned in closer and without thinking Wallace and Bonnie's lips locked together. Wallace put his hands Bonnie's waist and pulled her closer to his chest and Bonnie wrapped her arms around his neck. There were fireworks bursting inside her body as they were kissing. Bonnie was not sure if she pulled away or if Wallace did but that moment was so magical. Wallace crawled in the bed and Bonnie clambered in, he grabbed her waist and pulled her close, she warmed up quickly after that and she closed her eyes, smiled and thought

'This is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.'